Not an A-Body, but...

-

chlngr1970

Reaction score
I got a new truck! :D

The better half got a big fat income tax refund and bought me a 1998 Dakota Sport Club Cab, 4X4, 5.2 ( 318 for us old school people :D ) Auto. It's red with the grey interior. Bucket seats and a console.

I'm already looking at what I can do to modifiy it :D Going wrecking yard hunting for parts, such as leather seats, different console and a dash bezel I can experiment on :D I also want to replace my 15" Dakota wheels with the 17" Dakota R/T wheels. Also looking at maybe replacing the 5.2 with either a 5.9, or a Hemi :D The local Pick-A-Part has complete engine assemblies for about $200, so having a spare is not a bad idea. Of course, gonna have to convince SWMBO that it's a good idea LOL

I will be ordering the speakers for it either next week, or the week after. I got a killer deal on Kickers, so will definitely be taking advantage of THAT :D I have the amps I was going to use in my Volvo ( Gonna miss that car :( ) and now that I am installing car stuff, gonna be a breeze to get it all installed. If the weather is descent tomorrow, I'll post some pictures.

SOOO excited :D

j

I got a new truck! :D

The better half got a big fat income tax refund and bought me a 1998 Dakota Sport Club Cab, 4X4, 5.2 ( 318 for us old school people :D ) Auto. It's red with the grey interior. Bucket seats and a console.

I'm already looking at what I can do to modifiy it :D Going wrecking yard hunting for parts, such as leather seats, different console and a dash bezel I can experiment on :D I also want to replace my 15" Dakota wheels with the 17" Dakota R/T wheels. Also looking at maybe replacing the 5.2 with either a 5.9, or a Hemi :D The local Pick-A-Part has complete engine assemblies for about $200, so having a spare is not a bad idea. Of course, gonna have to convince SWMBO that it's a good idea LOL

I will be ordering the speakers for it either next week, or the week after. I got a killer deal on Kickers, so will definitely be taking advantage of THAT :D I have the amps I was going to use in my Volvo ( Gonna miss that car :( ) and now that I am installing car stuff, gonna be a breeze to get it all installed. If the weather is descent tomorrow, I'll post some pictures.

SOOO excited :D

j
Don't bet on the weather, Steve Pool and the other channel people said the same stuff. Crappy weather. Also post up some pictures!!!

Once again, weather permitting, I will get some pix of the truck this weekend. I'm HOPING for some mild to warm temps, as I'd like to get the bumpers repainted this weekend. I got self etching primer, primer/filler and some semi gloss paint to get the bumpers done.

I'd also like to get my amps installed ASAP so when my new speakers come in, it just pop the door panels, and pop in the new speakers :D

So...

Who knows about putting a Hemi in one of these? I'm following a thread over at a Dakota/Durango forum where a guy is putting in a 5.7 in a standard cab, 2WD. If I could score a 5.7, or 6.1, I might have to look into doing the swap sooner rather than later :D

Other things I am considering are 17" Dakota RT wheels and a 3" chassis lift, Heated leather seats, and the overhead console/computer.

Wish me luck :D

j

-
Back