Not open for further replies.

niceolddart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I am going to let my 2000 Dakota go. VERY good shape, original paint, super low milage & a pretty rare truck. It has some up-grades but is pretty much stock. I am asking $13,000 for this truck & worth every bit of it.
It's a black, 52,000 original mile regular cab 2wd Sport model with low creature comfort options. It does have A/C, PW, PL & AM/FM Cassette. The truck is not perfect but a super nice truck & handles like a Go-cart. Now the power train. 4.7l OHC V8, 5 speed MANUAL transmission, H.D. 9 1/4" Trac Loc rear w/3.55 gears, all from the factory. There is NO rust on the truck. I have installed a Hotchkis 2-3 drop w/ Bilstein shocks all around, a rear sway bar from an early 2000s Durango, a Hurst billet short throw shifter assembly & a cold air intake & cat back single exhaust. I will send any pics you request, engine bay, interior, underside etc. just ask & I'll PM them to you. It is the last year for the rounded off dash & better gauge cluster in my opinion. It does have a creaky clutch fork after it's driven a bit but doesn't affect clutch operation at all. The only way to lube the fork is to remove the transmission & that's why I haven't fixed it. I will consider trading for an equally nice, early 300C or Magnum R/T with 100,000 or less well-maintained miles.
I am in S.E. Pa, 19030 zip code.
Just Pa. inspected, I have clean title & is driven probably once a month on average.
DSC01155.JPG

DSC01157.JPG

DSC01156.JPG

Last edited:
Nice truck. Reminds me of the '92 Dakota Sport I had. Same colors, and body style, but I had the Magnum 318... auto..3.91 sure grip.
Is your engine still factory stock...pics?

Except for the cold air tube running to the T.B. it's pretty stock. Not a super powerful truck, but will surely get you in trouble if you want it to. I did have a black 95 that I ordered brand new with the 5.2 Magnum V8, 5 speed & 3:91 locking rear that I did mod a little & got it down to low 14s at ATCO Raceway. It still had he stock tires on it too!
Fun truck. If you count owning this truck twice, (I bought it back from the guy I sold it to) I have owned 4 Dakotas total. I like them a lot.

Pretty rare & still up for sale. Would be an excellent candidate for a late model Hemi swap, I just don't have the heart, time, place or money to do it. You'd be hard pressed to find another one this nice with this kind of well cared for low milage & these factory installed drivetrain components & it was in a heated garage most of its life.
$13 grand sounds like a lot, but second gen. V8 Dakotas will be the next collectable & prices aren't going down on nice ones like this.
Must be seen & driven to really appreciate what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back