Not an A but its a mopar

-

GSS340

Reaction score
Well went today and started digging the parts car out of the earth for my 63 plymouth wagon. It's going to be parts for my 2dr conversioned belvedere. After a couple hours of work its above the ground once more. Had to cut down 5 small trees; one of which had grown BETWEEN the body and rear bumper...it was about six inches wide but had morphed around the bumper section and didn't even bend it or damage the taillight! This car is rusty and has sat probably for 20 years or more but once I got it in the air I found beautiful floors and rails!!!!! :shock: Makes no sense but hey I am not complaining. I ended up getting some good tires and rims on the back but the fronts lug nuts either broke off or had rusted so much a socket could not get on them. So I left enough lugs on it and to my amazement the tires actually took air.:thumblef:

This is the nappiest and most sunken mopar I have ever attempted to bring out of the woods...don't think the hubs are gonna turn but a tractor should drag her pretty good and at least get it someplace where a roll back can snatch it up. Wish me luck.

65 belvedere 074.jpg

65 belvedere 075.jpg

65 belvedere 076.jpg

65 belvedere 077.jpg

65 belvedere 078.jpg

65 belvedere 081.jpg

65 belvedere 083.jpg

65 belvedere 082.jpg

65 belvedere 093.jpg

I guess I need to change the date stamp on my camera eh? 1st pics are of the car the parts will go on.

Wow, that is a great looking project. Do you have some more pics of the 2 door conversion? I love that old wagon!

it could have good floors and rails becouse it may have sank into the ground rather quickly. I have had a few older guys tell me that if the steel is under the ground it dont get the oxygen needed to rust it out so in a wierd way it will preserve it. Good luck

Those old wagons are cool! Is it to far gone to save?
Doesn't look all that bad from the pics.
I used to go to an old junkyard that had 2 58 Fury 2-door wagons that were sunk down in ground like that,unfortuneatly all that stuff was hauled out a couple years ago. I wanted to get back to get pics. of them but didn't get back in time.

I guess it could be saved but would it really be worth what you'd have to put into it; 1/4s, outer wheel houses, cowl, doors, hood, everything electrical, etc. It is a low production car with only 3xxx something fury 6 pass wagons built but not really worth saving for itself, realistly speaking but it can definately keep at least another one alive and looking good and hopefully it can help some other wagons out too.

From what farmer told me it was a runner when parked decades ago and from what I can tell it was one good looking and loaded car. He told me his son bought it, drove it home, parked it out in the brush line and never went back to it...I think it was destined for demo derby but never made it thank goodness.

Thanks. I am now dealing with the poison ivy or what else itchy plant that was surrounding it. BUT...it was well worth it. :)

I can't wait to start on the 2dr wagon once the 69 dart is done. Supposeably the 2dr conversion was done by a well know racer in the Detroit area (almost finished but not completed) who did another car also; a 65 coronet wagon that he did like a sedan delivery with panels in the back instead of wagon windows. Anyone know of this car?

-
Back