not another fitment question- cragars on a dart

-

dodgethis12

Reaction score
So I've been looking at all you guys rides..... and I've just always loved the look of the cragar ss - especially on an a-boy. It just screams old school street machine.

I know the wheel wells on an a-body arent exactly massive, but I want to know what can I fit back there? I dont want to do the full spring relocation. I would like to go with something pretty wide.

I've searched the tire combo post and looked at alot of cars....

I want the front to be wide and meaty as well, but not as big as the rear. I was hoping to get a 15x8 in the rear and maybe a 15x6 or 7 in the front with a little smaller tire.

Can anybody help me out when it comes to tire size, width, and Cragar fitment??

If you got the latest issue of Mopar Muscle Mag ( got it last nite) there's a blue superbee in there with cragars on it. I love the ratio of that tire/wheel combo to the car. He's got slightly wider/larger in the rear, but still pretty good size and width on the front. Thats exactly what I want the dart to look like.

Any help on a Dart size recipe? (70 Swinger)

Thanks

15 x 8 in the rear? NEVER!!! Not w/out an offset shackle or spring relocation. A 15 x 7 will work w/4.5 b/s and a 235/60 tire (maybe a 245 tire)

I personally would never go w/a 15 x 7 in the front, too wide for my taste. A 15 x 5 works nicely w/a 215/70 tire.

So I cant get 255 60 15's in the rear on a 15x8 Cragar??

This is my set up on my 69 Dart:
Front -Cragar S/S 15x6, 3 3/8 back spacing. M/T Sportsman S/R P225/60R15
Rear -Cragar S/S 15x8, 4 1/4 back spacing. M/T Sportsman S/R 26x10.0015LT. The side wall width on a 8 in. rim is 10.3 in. Tread width is 8.8 in. No off set springs, but I trimed half the width of the inside wheel lip off just for added clearance.
004 (2).jpg

how about fitment on an early a...such as a 65 barracuda. What fits it? What size cragars and what tire for maximum muscle?

Hemiroid,

your dart looks tuff!!! How do those rears compare in size to a 255 60 15? I see you have 4.25 BS on your wheels.... how much more BS could you run before hitting the springs with the tires?

Thanks for the pics!! Thats a sweet ride!

That I can't say the car has gone for painting and has the stock rims on it.
If I can find the measurments I took on setting up the back spacing for the wheels I will get back to you.

007 (2).jpg

007 (2).jpg

Stop hogging my thread with all your kick *** car pics!!!! :cheers:=P~:love7: (more pics wouldnt hurt tho!!!)

-
Back