Not-gold Gold Dusters?

-

Sully1190

Look. It's a Gold Duster.
Reaction score
Hello, all. I have a 74 Gold Duster that I've been working on, but I don't really have the intention of keeping it that way. The paint scheme is acceptable, but the wife and I have found compromise in another color scheme. The thing is though, I was under the impression that Gold Dusters were special only because they were gold. Then, I get online and see red, green, etc... All with the golden "Gold Duster" decal near the front wheel well. So, which is it? I seem to be finding conflicting evidence.

My uncle had a white "Gold" Duster that he bought new, it was white, white vinyl top, had gold stripe down the center with Gold Duster on the fender, thought I had pics but haven't found them yet, he had the car until about 5 years ago.

I think it's a word play on "Gold Dust".

mines missing the tag but all the frame and underneath was gold including the trunk and the fender tag has two holes that take the gold duster emblem instead of just the duster emblem... but its dark purple now

They came in several colors and the Gold Duster was a common thing. It was an options package rather than a color.

Ah, thanks all. That link was helpful and it's good to know I wasn't just being stupid. I think I'll keep the logo on the new version after all then :)

my gold duster was GOLD with gator grain top and yellow/goldish interior "wow was it a pretty thing........." :rolleyes:

my gold duster was GOLD with gator grain top and yellow/goldish interior "wow was it a pretty thing........." :rolleyes:

I like the gator grain tops

Attachments

• dustertop 018,2.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 179
I still have my bought new 70 gold duster. It was olive green(the dark, not the loud). It had the stripes and decals; 318, manual 3 on the floor, 3.23 open. No power anything, want to squirt the window? foot pump. Nothing else, plain jane.

$2480. If I could have afforded the $400 year insurance, 340 4 speed 4.11 for $2100.

so mines not a gold duster because vin says it was a 340 wish i had that fender tag....

That Hamtramck doc says you could have a Twister/Gold Duster. interesting.

I think in all reality the Gold Duster package was just a bare bones upgrade on a plain duster because the one I had was pretty much a bone stock plain jane 318 74 Duster it had the carboard headliner, canopy vinyl roof, and a black side stripe (Demon style) with a Gold lettered "Gold Duster" sticker on the dogleg on the front fenders. I think if I remember right the Twister option was basically a 318 or 360 car dressed as a 340 car? all the stripes and rallye wheels? maybe they just added the Gold Duster option for the canopy vinyl roof and the side stripe? kinda weird but then again were talking about Ma Mopar here! :D

-
Back