Not good

-
SIU, was actually pretty candid(I thought) in the press conference. At 1st I thought nail strips or "pit manoveur" contributed to the childs death. But later confirmed the child died from gunshot wound(hasnt said whether by OPP or father).
RIP little one.
That's what happens when people shoot out of fear, bullets just start flying.

Thanks Kim, Lori had an appt yesterday over in Lindsay and called to say the roads were closed. I checked news and read what happened.
My Uncle (retired now) was stationed out of the Lindsay OPP detachment for a few years.
As I said i hope justice is served here. The 911/OPP call started with a possible abduction of the boy.(custody dispute/firearm).
Why do a high speed chase, let alone open gunfire with a child in the car?
"Shots fired" is rare here let alone this type of tragedy.
Dam, that really sucks. It happened right next town over from you. May the little guy Rest In Peace. Kim

Thought I would add an update. The single mother of the 1 year old Autistic boy also has another Autistic child that she is raising on her own.
I know some are justifiably sceptical about "go fund me", but this one is legit.
So sad, any amount will help.
Thanks
Steve
Jameson Fund, organized by Bryan Ross

The police aren’t going to get in trouble. Least they wouldn’t in America. To bad they just didn’t blast the dad in head 1 shot 1 kill. Sad for the family of the 1 year old.

Rumours are that there were at least 15 cop cars in the chase. The cops were aware there was a child in the car, that's why the call originated. A spike strip was also laid out(cop hurt outside vehicle) There are protocols to follow in these circumstances. The SIU confiscated 4 guns. 3 from cops and 1 that was in truck. SIU is still investigating.
As a single dad that raised 2 boys, I know the frustrations of an ex and the bs that you may have to deal with.
As I mentioned initially I hope justice is served, but unfortunately that wont change what's happened.
I was "bumping" and adding a link to go fund me to help the Mom and siblings thru this.
Be well.
The police aren’t going to get in trouble. Least they wouldn’t in America. To bad they just didn’t blast the dad in head 1 shot 1 kill. Sad for the family of the 1 year old.

May that little boy RIP. What a tragedy. What were they thinking? Sounds like they missed training that day.

I dunno Rob, it's like Keystone cops...but the SIU is still investigating. The Dad is in hospital as well as a cop.
You wouldnt think ballistic tests take this long to match the gun to the bullet....

May that little boy RIP. What a tragedy. What were they thinking? Sounds like they missed training that day.

Rumours are that there were at least 15 cop cars in the chase. The cops were aware there was a child in the car, that's why the call originated. A spike strip was also laid out(cop hurt outside vehicle) There are protocols to follow in these circumstances. The SIU confiscated 4 guns. 3 from cops and 1 that was in truck. SIU is still investigating.
As a single dad that raised 2 boys, I know the frustrations of an ex and the bs that you may have to deal with.
As I mentioned initially I hope justice is served, but unfortunately that wont change what's happened.
I was "bumping" and adding a link to go fund me to help the Mom and siblings thru this.
Be well.
Im finding out the Ex situation now with my little 3 year old daughter. As of now I’m just kissing as much butt as possible.

I dunno Rob, it's like Keystone cops...but the SIU is still investigating. The Dad is in hospital as well as a cop.
You wouldnt think ballistic tests take this long to match the gun to the bullet....

No disrespect, but you have to have a pretty intact projectile to match it. it's not like the movies. If it went through a car, then into a kid, then maybe out and hit something else, it's likely been obliterated. Not sure about up north, but most cops I know either load all hollow points, or alternate FMJ/HP/FMJ/HP etc. The thought being the FMJ may provide a path for the HP (maybe) but a HP by itself will explode when hitting almost anything leaving nothing to test/match.

Sorry to be graphic but thems the facts.

People blame cops all the time for things they think should have been done better. You/I/We don't know what happened and will never truly know. Reports are almost never completely accurate and the media likes to vilify cops. A few percent doesn't make all cops bad or good.

Cops are people
People make mistakes

Cops (good or bad) put themselves in bad situations all day long that would leave most people crying in a fetal position.

Best thing we can do is pray for the kid and the remaining family members....

RIP kiddo.

I hear you, and thanks for pointing the ballistic info out. Keep in mind my Dad was OPP and Corrections, altho as a cop we lived in a 2500 population town. I have no issues with Cops but I saw my share of their bs growing up as a teen. At that point Dad was corrections and we now lived in a bigger town of 15,000. Still a small town. This ain't a poor me thing, but in my mind I was a trophy to them if I got pinched. For anything. I rarely did, but I did get caught a couple times. Dad had a talk with one of them to cool the bs. And he did, for the most part.
Yep cops are human, but having a badge and gun you are now held at a higher standard and you are to be held accountable for your actions(called SIU up here).
Our media up here doesnt vilify cops. I think they are treated/portrayed fairly.
Guns arent nearly as prevalent up here as it is in the USA. So when a chase and shooting happens just outside my old stomping grounds of 15,000 it's a rarity.
I just want accountability, a badge and gun should mean even more so.
Maybe I'm watching too many Netflix/crooked cops shows lol.
Thanks for sharing your sentiments.
RIP little man.
No disrespect, but you have to have a pretty intact projectile to match it. it's not like the movies. If it went through a car, then into a kid, then maybe out and hit something else, it's likely been obliterated. Not sure about up north, but most cops I know either load all hollow points, or alternate FMJ/HP/FMJ/HP etc. The thought being the FMJ may provide a path for the HP (maybe) but a HP by itself will explode when hitting almost anything leaving nothing to test/match.

Sorry to be graphic but thems the facts.

People blame cops all the time for things they think should have been done better. You/I/We don't know what happened and will never truly know. Reports are almost never completely accurate and the media likes to vilify cops. A few percent doesn't make all cops bad or good.

Cops are people
People make mistakes

Cops (good or bad) put themselves in bad situations all day long that would leave most people crying in a fetal position.

Best thing we can do is pray for the kid and the remaining family members....

RIP kiddo.

I hear you, and thanks for pointing the ballistic info out. Keep in mind my Dad was OPP and Corrections, altho as a cop we lived in a 2500 population town. I have no issues with Cops but I saw my share of their bs growing up as a teen. At that point Dad was corrections and we now lived in a bigger town of 15,000. Still a small town. This ain't a poor me thing, but in my mind I was a trophy to them if I got pinched. For anything. I rarely did, but I did get caught a couple times. Dad had a talk with one of them to cool the bs. And he did, for the most part.
Yep cops are human, but having a badge and gun you are now held at a higher standard and you are to be held accountable for your actions(called SIU up here).
Our media up here doesnt vilify cops. I think they are treated/portrayed fairly.
Guns arent nearly as prevalent up here as it is in the USA. So when a chase and shooting happens just outside my old stomping grounds of 15,000 it's a rarity.
I just want accountability, a badge and gun should mean even more so.
Maybe I'm watching too many Netflix/crooked cops shows lol.
Thanks for sharing your sentiments.
RIP little man.

I agree with accountability, just concerned over the gathering of pitchforks and hog piling people do lately. Could be a crappy cop, could be the best one ever. We'll likely never know which. At the end of the day, what I do hate is chases. Unless you know for a fact the kid was in actual danger, why the chase? and if the cops knew there was a kid, why shoot? Seems it wasn't worth the end result in any case. I haven't read the article mind you as I'm quite sure it will answer none of my questions.

No debate, and I appreciate your response, and experience, to no end. Just my rambling thoughts.

No rambling on your end, lots of good points.
I agree with accountability, just concerned over the gathering of pitchforks and hog piling people do lately. Could be a crappy cop, could be the best one ever. We'll likely never know which. At the end of the day, what I do hate is chases. Unless you know for a fact the kid was in actual danger, why the chase? and if the cops knew there was a kid, why shoot? Seems it wasn't worth the end result in any case. I haven't read the article mind you as I'm quite sure it will answer none of my questions.

No debate, and I appreciate your response, and experience, to no end. Just my rambling thoughts.

Might be “very” useful to know why the father felt he had to”kidnap” his own child. Lots of reasons/questions not answered. As a father of two girls that have a very vindictive mother-after the divorce I tend to look at the complete picture. My ex kept my girls from me for almost a year by having some type of situation-only on my time-with them. Are the officers to blame??? Is the father to blame??? It certainly shows the bias for the woman without any mention of her involvement. Now a child is dead and two men wounded-but where did it start?

Well my gut instinct was correct these bunch of fuckin donut eating badged murderers shot and killed the boy(and the dad)
Incompetent Keystone cops. The 3 that opened fire should be killed.
Oh and they DONT HAVE TO BE INTERVIEWED BY SIU!!
SIU confirms City of Kawartha Lakes OPP gunfire killed boy, 1, during incident east of Lindsay | Globalnews.ca

20210218_094901.jpg

20210218_095141.jpg

Names are being withheld??? To protect who? They published the name of the innocent 4 year old boy they killed.

Names are being withheld??? To protect who? They published the name of the innocent 4 year old boy they killed.

protecting the officers because sentiments like this..

"The 3 that opened fire should be killed"

That's called vigilante justice and has not place in any society. The article you referenced has little in the way of details other than the dad crashed into a cruiser, and was thought, and verified to have a gun. You and I don't know the why of any of it. The article doesn't say much other than they were investigating an "armed kidnapping". I agree things could probably been handled differently, but announcing the names of the officers before an investigation happens puts them and their families in danger. At the point of the article was written, there is no indication of who's gun fired the shot and was basically described as a best guess using splatter patterns etc. All anyone knows is it's very likely one of the officers shot the kid by accident. On that alone, you'd subject them all to vigilante justice? Dude... wtf.. The kid doesn't need protecting anymore.... These two issues are completely different. No one is going to go after the mother looking to do her harm. On the contrary, someone may be able to help them. So yes, releasing the boys name is a good thing in my mind.

-=C

They should release the Cops names so they can get drug thru the dirt, like the rest of us who get in trouble. Cops have the itchiest trigger finger anymore its sad. I was in combat in Iraq over 2 years so I know what’s it’s like to be in some ****.

There are rules to follow and cops are to follow them. Cops are held to a higher standard so they should live up to them or is the badge a free pass to do/kill whomever they want?
A spike belt was deployed....at high speeds with a child in the truck! Insert "WTF??" right there. THAT is how the one cop got injured. Oh and when he was released from hospital he got a "hero's welcome"
This right here is an example of ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY. A large portion of politicians/government/cops globally get away with murder...literally.
If I'm just charged, NOT CONVICTED with ANYTHING, my name is published in newspapers and on the radio??
These 3 accomplices to murder havent made themselves available to SIU, nor do they have to.
Yes maybe I was harsh to saying "they should be killed", but again I reiterate zero accountability and I know there will be a coverup or sweeping under the rug.
Pricks with an ego that want to carry guns and do what they want. Then whenthere is a crisis they start shooting like a bunch of lunatics. They killed a kid!
Then all they will get for that is a slap on the wrist. Kim

protecting the officers because sentiments like this..

"The 3 that opened fire should be killed"

That's called vigilante justice and has not place in any society. The article you referenced has little in the way of details other than the dad crashed into a cruiser, and was thought, and verified to have a gun. You and I don't know the why of any of it. The article doesn't say much other than they were investigating an "armed kidnapping". I agree things could probably been handled differently, but announcing the names of the officers before an investigation happens puts them and their families in danger. At the point of the article was written, there is no indication of who's gun fired the shot and was basically described as a best guess using splatter patterns etc. All anyone knows is it's very likely one of the officers shot the kid by accident. On that alone, you'd subject them all to vigilante justice? Dude... wtf.. The kid doesn't need protecting anymore.... These two issues are completely different. No one is going to go after the mother looking to do her harm. On the contrary, someone may be able to help them. So yes, releasing the boys name is a good thing in my mind.

-=C

Agreed and thanks for your service.
Sickening to think they will get away with this.
All 3 probably pissed their pants too.....
They should release the Cops names so they can get drug thru the dirt, like the rest of us who get in trouble. Cops have the itchiest trigger finger anymore its sad. I was in combat in Iraq over 2 years so I know what’s it’s like to be in some ****.

Sorry, vet here as well and this is about as much of a false equivalency as you can get. I'm friends with cops both current and former as I'm sure many of other members are. They put a target on their backs every day, for many years. I know what its like to be deployed too so I'm not speaking out of turn on this.

Cops have itchy fingers because they are put into some crazy **** all the time. It's not good but they are frickin' human and in the U.S. at least, scrutinized pretty heavily. Polygraphs and Psyche evals at a moments notice.

You thing any of those guys is happy about a kid getting killed? Give me a ******* break. As far as them putting out a spike belt, that's the best way to "slow" a vehicle. looks to me, by seeing that truck, the dad tried to avoid it and caused most of the damage.

People being accused of a crime are NOT required to incriminate themselves. Not sure how it's done up north but that's how we do it here. You are INNOCENT until proven guilty OF A CRIME.... If that happens, then they'll go to prison, hopefully. But again, which one fired the shot? Who is to blame? no one knows at this point... so put your pitch forks away....

Semper ******* Fi....

-=C

-
Back