-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jc3147

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys, saw this on Craigslist and am really thinking hard about it.
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3735747386.html

I called and the guy stands by no rust other than what is pictured in the trunk and a little bit up front on one inner fender/shock mount area. He wants 4K, and I am a little hesitant on that price. Maybe I shouldn't be? It does look like a car a guy could get on the road pretty easily and make some improvements while he drove it. What do you guys think I should be trying to pay for it? I just might make the trip to check it out over the weekend.

Also, I bet the guy would be getting more hits on his ad if he bothered to either type out Plymouth or spell Barracuda correctly ;)

it has 67 trunk (moldings at least) and tail lights in it. Looks like rust in the right rear q panel behind wheel. It also looks like the rear window moldings are not there. Inspect it closely for accident damage in rear also front fender corners.

IMHO -I think 4k is high, but it doesn't look bad. For Me 2500-3k range max.

OH BTW Welcome Aboard!

I agree with post above. I would inspect the body real close for rust and filler. With the cost of body and paint work these days, I think paying a little more for a car that is solid puts you way a head of the game. Check lower quarters, frame rails front and rear, floor pans, etc. Look down the side of the body and see if the quarters are waving at you. A sure sign of previous body work. And also Welcome!

it has 67 trunk (moldings at least) and tail lights in it. Looks like rust in the right rear q panel behind wheel. It also looks like the rear window moldings are not there. Inspect it closely for accident damage in rear also front fender corners.

IMHO -I think 4k is high, but it doesn't look bad. For Me 2500-3k range max.

OH BTW Welcome Aboard!

The trunk moldings are correct for a 1968. You are correct the tail light are 1967. 1968 tail lights are pricey because good used lenses are near impossible to find. They do reproduce them now so that help.

The seat covers and the door panels are wrong if I remember correctly.

I called and the guy stands by no rust other than what is pictured in the trunk and a little bit up front on one inner fender/shock mount area. He wants 4K, and I am a little hesitant on that price. Maybe I shouldn't be?

Maybe $4K is a bit high, but if you start to think about when's the next time you'll find an untouched original one like this, I dunno....I might just jump on it (after I fully checked it out, of course). Plus, I give bonus points to red interior and originality.

*Edited to add: I'd also probably start knocking his price down about $250 for every dime-sized rust hole I found......and if there's any structural rust, I'd go $500 for the whole car.

real hard picture to tell with lighting, I saved to desk top and expanded. It sure does look like the 67 3 piece trunk moldings? Shiny center not painted maybe just a bad picture....

You are correct in that being a poor picture. I enlarged it and looked it over real close, on a 1967 the key hole is covered by the center trim but I am not seeing it on that picture. I think it is the car color between the moldings but I could be wrong.

I appreciate all the input so far. I had a 68 notch a few years back that I ran out of money on before I could do much. I know they aren't the most desirable cars in the game, but I have always liked them. I'm not scared of doing anything and everything on the mechanical side, but I will never claim to be a body man. I did specifically ask about the quarters due to that dark spot in the pic, but he claims no rust. I feel like I will have a hard time saying no if I can get him to 3K.

Just a heads up, I did not end up getting down to look at the car over the weekend. Bad timing so I will have to let it pass. Maybe someone else here will decide it's right for them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back