NOT MINE: Chrysler 300 in Central Missouri

-

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
I passed this the other day, and hopefully one of you will want it. In a 2-door chassis, it's fairly uncommon in these parts!! It has a big block under the hood, but it's a 2-barrel intake so I know at least the intake and carb aren't original. I was losing light and couldn't ID the motor. Number to call is below. Car is located between Clinton and Warsaw, Missouri, on 7 Highway.
image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

image000002.jpg

1st photo: oh! yes... yes...
2nd photo: *sad trombone*

I want to G3 swap one of these so badly...

Herb McCandless put a 5.7 in a 61 or 62 Chrysler 300 and has run the wheels off of it! If you find the car, I have a 2006 5.7 with 6K miles on it I'll put in your home!
I really want to do up a land yacht with a modern and I love the early 300's and letter cars.

if you were on the left coast I'd be knocking on your door for that 5.7!

Ah, I love those cars. That could be a really sweet cruiser. As to you guys talking about dropping a Gen III in a boat, I plan to do that very thing in my '65 Sport Fury along with a matching 8 speed auto. I want to be able to drive that car across the country if I wish.

If it came with the standard 383, didn't they come with a 2 barrel?

If it came with the standard 383, didn't they come with a 2 barrel?
yes they did! it could be a 361 too.

the 413 got the 4 pot or *two* of 'em if you were real lucky!

it's been ages, but a customer of mine had a 4dr Newport with a 383 2V and 3spd on the floor.

yes they did! it could be a 361 too.

the 413 got the 4 pot or *two* of 'em if you were real lucky!

it's been ages, but a customer of mine had a 4dr Newport with a 383 2V and 3spd on the floor.
Thanks. I knew the 440 never came with a 2 barrel, but some 383s did. ....and the 361 too, evidently. Moochas grassy ***. lol

I didn't think a 300 came with anything less than a 413, but I'm not deep into that era.

Forgot to mention: The 300 in the ad has CHAIN STEERING WHEEL and I assume is included in the sale. You can see where someone tried ripping the driver door off to gain access to said steering wheel.

1st photo: oh! yes... yes...
2nd photo: *sad trombone*

I want to G3 swap one of these so badly...
Call AMD, they probably make every single panel for this car.
I've never understood how AMD stays in business.

I didn't think a 300 came with anything less than a 413, but I'm not deep into that era.

Forgot to mention: The 300 in the ad has CHAIN STEERING WHEEL and I assume is included in the sale. You can see where someone tried ripping the driver door off to gain access to said steering wheel.
Yeah if you look it up for the 64, the base engine was the 383.

Is that a 2-barrel?
Is the chain steering wheel part of the base interior?
I don't know about the two barrel......and I've never seen an option code for the chain wheel. lol

Not a "300 Letter" car, its a "300 Sport" which is a much lesser model than the letter cars. So the 2 barrel intake is probably stock as they came with smaller engines than the true letter cars.

But even so, the sport models didn't come with a "chain steering wheel". :lol:

New Yorkers and Imperials always came with the big engines, 300's and Newports, not so much.

300 sport model had a 383 as standard. The 300K letter car had a 413 standard engine. The posted car does not appear to be a "letter" car.
Yep that revives some of my crusty grey matter about the letter cars!

-
Back