not one but two

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
attended another show today. we hesitated because of the rain threats. It happened to be at a church my grandfather pastored back between 1915-1918. It was their first car show ever and I thought I would go ahead and try it. went good, just had a few sprinkles on the way. didn't even turn the wipers on. got the canopy set up and all hell broke loose. it poured for about 15 minutes and then it stopped. used a chamois and dried the cars off and it turned out to be a pretty nice day. I had a guy come up to me who had a 72 Duster he is working on. had some electrical problems and I gave him a little info on what I had ran into on these 2 cars and I told him about FABO. He is very anxious about getting on here and joining the site. I won 2 trophiess today. received " Best in Show " and also " Pastors Choice ". This man loved Dusters. after the show was over, he asked me if he could crawl under the car and look at it. He said that if I had mirrors there must be something to look at under there. here are a few pics of the trophies.

Attachments

• DSC04843 (Copy).jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 369
  • DSC04847 (Copy).jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC04846 (Copy).jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 359
You're gonna need a bigger house pretty soon.....

Congrats on doubledippin' today!!!! :cheers:

Thats the main reason I stopped going to shows. I can't afford a bigger house!:D

Congrats, again!!!:cheers:

thanks guy. I guess I am going to have to quit too because I cant afford a bigger house either. I just want to enjoy some of the things in life as long as I can at this point. I was diagnosed the other day with early stages of kidney failure. I may not get to do this much longer. anyway, we are gonna hit another one today after church.

A day away from the house and enjoying your car is a good day,
Congratulations trudysduster :cheers: sounds like you helped a mopar owner
on this day.
Prayers for a long mobile life sent out for you this morning, one day at a time :hello2:

May the sun shine on you today, and get some pictures for us today :happy2:

thanks Mike and Harry. I could definitely use some more prayers. I have a lot of people praying for me. 5 churches full, people I am involved in. I am going to take it one day at a time here and keep doing just what I am. I pulled another one today for " Best Mopar ". There were 7 Mopars there today. I didn't feel good today so I didn't take any pics just one of the trophy I received when I got home. It is a little one but it says a lot. The best part of the day was that I ran into a guy who used to be a friend of mine a long time ago. we used to race together down at the track. He had a 72 Dart Swinger that ran in the 10's. He put the motor together in my Duster when I first got it. I bought all new parts and gave them to him for the engine. I was driving my semi at the time and would hit the road and he would build the engine for me. I found out later that he took the new parts and put them in his engine and put used parts in my motor. well, after a little while the motor blew and I found this out. short time later is when I had the brain aneurism back in 2002 and he thought I had died. He found out tonight that I was very much alive. haven't seen me in over 11 years and I have lost 160 lbs since then. I enjoyed today. I made him very uncomfortable today. here is a few pics of todays award.

Attachments

• DSC04848 (Copy).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC04849 (Copy).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 230
Congratulations again Bill! I'm very sorry to read about the health issue. Prayers sent.

thanks Brad and Marty. I have another Dr. appt. today and on Sat. see what comes of it.

-
Back