Not overheating!

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
Yesterday it was over 100 degrees here, and I had to go run all over the place for appointments and looking for computer parts.
The car got all the way up to 215 at stops and in bumper to bumper traffic but the electrics would come on at 215 and bring it right back down to 195 and shut off again.
After I stopped and got out at any of the places the fan would come on as I was walking away and when I would come back to the car and start it up it would be at about 160-180 or so. (I have a 190 thermostat in it)
Never got over 215 and the fully automatic fan thermostat worked perfect to cool it down when shut off.
One of the things I don't like happening is the pressure building higher in the system after it's shut down because I feel it is really hard on hoses.
This is why I have it set up so the fan will come on whether the car is running or not.

What a dick, huh? :D

One of the things I don't like happening is the pressure building higher in the system after it's shut down because I feel it is really hard on hoses.
This is why I have it set up so the fan will come on whether the car is running or not.

Do you have an overflow bottle? If not might look into one and a lighter cap.

Do you have an overflow bottle? If not might look into one and a lighter cap.

Yes I have a recovery system, and it never gets hot enough to push by the 12 pounder that's on there.
It's perfect just the way it is.

-
Back