Not specifically a-bodies but...

-
Reaction score
Can I take the engine out of a Jeep Cherokee (about 2005) and put it in my '98 Dodge Dakota?

My neighbor has a totalled Jeep and I have a Dakota with no engine. lol
One of needs to come out with a running something.

I highly doubt it but I suppose with a welder and torch and a electronics engineer you could make anything work, but it might not be easy with all the electronics in today's cars like that 2005 Jeep has. I'd venture to say you'll spend 3 to 4 times (or more) as much money and time making that Jeep engine work than a correct junkyard engine for the Dak would cost you.

Your welcome. You might be able to sell the Jeep engine for that much or more. that'd pay for the Dakota engine and save all the work trying to put in a non stock engine.

Well the Jeep engine is my neighbor's so I will tell her that she could get some money for it instead of just leaving it sitting forever.

Hold the phone Maynard! Is your Dakota equipped with a 5.2 Magnum? If it is, the Jeep long block will work just fine as long as it is not a 4.7L. You will need to use the intake and exhaust from the Dakota along with the electronics and accessories that are already there. If the Jeep is a 5.9L it will also work but you will need the torque converter that is on the engine as well.

The 05 Jeep would probably have a 4.7 in it which is totally different than a
5.2 or 5.9.

You can always use a 5.2 or 5.9 out of a 97-03 Dakota, 98-03 Durango,
93-03 van or Ram.

-
Back