Not the steering box

-

Frank Mopar

Reaction score
FBEB50AC-0B65-44D3-B8F9-37DEDE5AF396.jpeg
DA10E919-CED3-4EA3-8E05-EDFB5C78AF61.jpeg
No wonder this car was all over the road. Original bushings are wiped. I guess 52 years would do that to rubber. Upper bushings I changed a few years ago I’m replacing with offsets.

California car I had trucked to the rust belt. Everything came right apart which begs the question. What the hell do you mechanics in non rust belt areas do with the spare time and money you don’t waste taking out rusty *** nut, bolts and such?!

View attachment 1715398097 View attachment 1715398098 No wonder this car was all over the road. Original bushings are wiped. I guess 52 years would do that to rubber. Upper bushings I changed a few years ago I’m replacing with offsets.

California car I had trucked to the rust belt. Everything came right apart which begs the question. What the hell do you mechanics in non rust belt areas do with the spare time and money you don’t waste taking out rusty *** nut, bolts and such?!
I’m from San Francisco Bay Area and we have rust from the salt air. I couldn’t imagine how you rust belters get anything apart. Glad you found your bad bushing

...California car I had trucked to the rust belt. Everything came right apart which begs the question. What the hell do you mechanics in non rust belt areas do with the spare time and money you don’t waste taking out rusty *** nut, bolts and such?!
i spend all my spare time looking at pictures of back east cars for sale that, in the words of the seller, are "not bad" considering the salted roads, "just needs quarters, rockers and floors. also a little rust in the usual places". also our california roads are so smooth we don't need no stinkin' bushings :D

i spend all my spare time looking at pictures of back east cars for sale that, in the words of the seller, are "not bad" considering the salted roads, "just needs quarters, rockers and floors. also a little rust in the usual places". also our california roads are so smooth we don't need no stinkin' bushings :D

Cost me $1000 to bring this car back to NY. It pales in comparison to the thousands of dollars and countless hours of time spent restoring an east coast rot box.

-
Back