Now THAT'S a TV cable!!

-

motorpirate

serial mopar owner
Reaction score
So my dissatisfaction with the Lokar TV cable lead me to design a mount for the carb that would hold the factory cable that came with the trans (93 A998 ).
Only spent a few hours on it and it works perfectly and uses about a tenth of the effort to pull that the Lokar unit did.
And yes, I'm so lazy I hooked it to another A904 so I could work on the travel at the trans end without constantly putting the car up and down!!
20200415_134835.jpg
20200415_134846.jpg
20200415_134854.jpg
20200415_142338.jpg
20200415_151304.jpg
20200415_152508.jpg
20200417_102628.jpg

How do you adjust your throttle pressure with this cable? Doesn't look like there's any adjustment at either end.

How do you adjust your throttle pressure with this cable? Doesn't look like there's any adjustment at either end.
Look on the last pic. There is a rectangular button.
Push it and slide the cable in and out in the mount. Let go of the button and it stays there.
Simple!!

Better add some gusseting to that just to make sure...
It has a 1"X3" block of steel welded to the angle iron, then a portion of the TV cable receptacle off of a Magnum 5.9 throttle body welded to the steel block.
The carb studs will break off before that bracket bends..

Oh ok. I wonder if Lokar would sell that piece seperate I was also thinking to make the pivot radius the same as would be on the magnum TB. My second option is to cut the piece off the magnum V6 throttle lever with enough room that it can be drilled and bolted to the carb.

So I finally got to roadtest today and DAMN!!!
I set the cable up like I always have to start, WOT= KD lever all the way to the rear.
I never adjusted it after that!!
Light throttle shifts were almost unnoticeable.
No perceptable "downshifting" coming up to a stop.
And super hard, squat the rear end and bark the tires WOT upshifts!!

Only thing I can figure is the Lokar cable must not have been returning on it's own even with the return spring?
The effort of the factory cable is about a 10th of the Lokar, so I guess the return spring is having a greater effect.

Might be the best 2 hours I have spent on it yet!!

-
Back