Now What????

-

69Chrgr

Charger/Cuda
Reaction score
O.K., got the exhaust back on, distributor, carb, everything on the money in regards to engine with the help of some dam smart and great people. Went driving yesterday, WOW, what a ride when timing and fuel are dialed in. So, thought I'd take my buddy for a ride before I went to the track tomorrow, got out of the driveway, and car ran out of gas. Fuel pressure gauge went to 0 PSI. So I thought, "Hmmm, dam this thing likes gas". So I put gas in, turn the key, and I could hear my Aeromotive fuel pump running, but no fuel pressure. 0. Nada. Put the car on the rack, checked the inlet side filter and it was clean. Turned the pump on, and put my finger in the inlet side of pump, and it barely had any suction. This is a 3 month old pump, and very expensive. I should have listened to some folks here I guess and got a Holley pump. I just don't know why a new pump such as an Aeromotive would crap the bed so fast. Yes, I have it installed correctly, just as instructed. Murphy lives here at my house.

Get the pump primed and make it run again, an electric fuel pump won't pull your arm down into the fuel line. Are you sure that the fuel tank is vented well?

unkook the outlet of the cell--fuel pouring out ?

then hook it back up and run a hose right off the pump out --does it flow good?

if so, take out your filter and check it

-
Back