NPK

-

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here been to a NPK's event?
They are going to be at the local dragstrip in June. They don't say where you be seated, or if you are free to walk around and look at the cars. Not paying that kind of money to be glued to a seat if I can't walk around. All that I know is a friend drove up to the last one here, he couldn't buy a ticket at the gate and turned around and drove back home. The bleachers weren't even full.
Would just like to know what your experience was if you have attended one of their events.
Thank you.

If they are coming to Joliet then yes, you can walk around and look at the cars. I bought tickets beforehand a few years ago when they raced in Joliet and it wasn't a packed event. They'll make everyone sit on one side so it looks like there are more people for TV purposes.

They are going to be at the local dragstrip in June. They don't say where you be seated, or if you are free to walk around and look at the cars. Not paying that kind of money to be glued to a seat if I can't walk around. All that I know is a friend drove up to the last one here, he couldn't buy a ticket at the gate and turned around and drove back home. The bleachers weren't even full.
Would just like to know what your experience was if you have attended one of their events.
Thank you.
I have been to two at New England Dragway. There's only one place to get tickets for an NPK event and that's at the foat.com. There are different ticket levels from general admission to VIP seating. This year they have what they call the Ultimate Rockstar ticket package which provides a boatload of benefits. You're not glued to your seat, you can walk thru the pits and see the cars and visit the vendor trailers. Hope this helps.

Also know that it takes a looooong time to get through the event. It’s not like NHRA where there’s a strict live TV schedule to maintain. Finals can (and often do) happen after midnight. Weather delays can push the event to Monday, or the next track. All that being said, and as others mentioned, you’re free to walk the pits and will be able to see and talk to the drivers when they’re not holed up in their trailer. Some of them are very fan, and especially kid, friendly.

Thank you for the responses. As is with all tracks there is a pit side and a spectator side of our track. They can close the crossover. Thought that if I got the lower general admission ticket, I could get stuck on that side. Do not understand the foat.com site at all. Not a computer person.

Thank you.
Been to two NPK events at Tucson dragway. There are very little if any restrictions there. We were in the pits till very late (early morning) hangin out with Jeff Lutz and the Bird brothers. And were free to walk around basically anywhere for the whole event.

Okay, guess that all is left to do is get online and buy the tickets.
Thank you all for getting back.

Also know that it takes a looooong time to get through the event. It’s not like NHRA where there’s a strict live TV schedule to maintain. Finals can (and often do) happen after midnight. Weather delays can push the event to Monday, or the next track. All that being said, and as others mentioned, you’re free to walk the pits and will be able to see and talk to the drivers when they’re not holed up in their trailer. Some of them are very fan, and especially kid, friendly.
I found Joe Wood, Scott Taylor, Jeff Lutz and Randy Johnson (before he left the circuit) to be the friendliest. Heck, Johnson talked to me for half an hour 3 years ago at the Epping NPK event, showed me his Dart that he was running and wanted to know all about my 72 Dart bracket car that I was running at the time. Made a great event that much more enjoyable.

-
Back