nuetral safty switch question

-

wirenut

Reaction score
Will the switch from a 65 727, screw into the case of a 70 727. I want a single terminat switch not the 3 terminal.

I think they will. I was comparing the two the other day and it looks the same, except for the pin breakout. Good luck!

I think it'll screw in but it may not work. It may even cause things to bind up and possibly ruin the switch. Mopar changed rooster combs a few times and I think the 65 is different than a 70, although that's just going from memory which isn't the best. Why don't you just leave the 3 prong in it and hook the wire to the middle terminal? The middle terminal on a 3 prong switch is the same as the single prong on the old switch. My 68 originally used a single prong switch but rather than pay $100 for a NOS switch I found a pigtail off a newer 3 prong switch and used just the center wire.

I was hoping the 65 was shallower. The 3 pin is tight against the trans sheild, and I think it may be causing it to fail prematurely. Its a hump to change because of the shield.
Thanks for the input

I was hoping the 65 was shallower. The 3 pin is tight against the trans sheild, and I think it may be causing it to fail prematurely. Its a hump to change because of the shield.
Thanks for the input

And it might work ok. I'm just taking a guess at it from memory and the old memory isn't what it used to be, LOL... If it doesn't work does your shifter have a provision for a neutral switch?

the single prong switch will screw into the case but won't work unless you change the roostercomb on the valve body to old style. maybe the( i'll call it the lockup style) may work because its shorter, just the connector is different.

-
Back