NYT article: "Driving Habits Shared With Insurance Firms".

-
I don't know if this makes a difference but I don't have onstar activated on my truck. I've had people tailgate me so close that I couldn't see the middle of the hood of their car. They've cut me off pulled out in front of me, run through red lights and stop signs. Traffic tickets should be made payable and not fixed and the persons insurance company should be notified.

@YY1....

From this post:

Apologies for the slow action/late response on this. Been a little busy....

I don't know if this makes a difference but I don't have onstar activated on my truck. I've had people tailgate me so close that I couldn't see the middle of the hood of their car. They've cut me off pulled out in front of me, run through red lights and stop signs. Traffic tickets should be made payable and not fixed and the persons insurance company should be notified.
Wow, what a nightmare world You'd like to live in, I can only think of dozens of ways that could go wrong...:rolleyes:

Wow, what a nightmare world You'd like to live in, I can only think of dozens of ways that could go wrong...:rolleyes:
No nightmare whatsoever, simply clamping down on the idiots who blow through red lights, stop signs. I can't tell you how many people who have been either seriously hurt or killed by people who drive like idiots. They talk about getting traffic under control, they have to be firm get those who do that in their wallets, a traffic ticket usually isn't much money and is usually on your driving record for a few years. Those who are killed in traffic accidents are dead for ever. Think about it

Oh, I've thought about it plenty Dude, & no thanks..I'm good. And I'm talking as somebody that has had 2 accidents that totaled My cars when 1 pulled out in front of Me & the other ran a stop sign, so spare the lectures...

Actually it wouldn't be a nightmare whatsoever. What's wrong with letting a insurance company know that they have a customer who runs red lights, stop signs, drives way over the speed limit. Careless driving cost everybody

Oh, I've thought about it plenty Dude, & no thanks..I'm good. And I'm talking as somebody that has had 2 accidents that totaled My cars when 1 pulled out in front of Me & the other ran a stop sign, so spare the lectures...
I hate that happened to you and it's good that you're still here. I just get aggravated that people do these things and only get a slap on the hand. In no way was I trying to lecture at you, I'm sorry if I came across as such

Actually it wouldn't be a nightmare whatsoever. What's wrong with letting a insurance company know that they have a customer who runs red lights, stop signs, drives way over the speed limit. Careless driving cost everybody
Buddy, You can let Big Brother ride along with You if You want, I'll pass. Maybe You've never had to routinely drive through sh*thole neighbohoods, but I have, & when a guy just got whacked on the same street corner w/7 rounds walking home from work 2 nights ago...I may have cruised through that stop sign at 1AM when I spotted somebody coming out from between 2 houses toward the alley.....just in case. But thanks to do-goodies like You, I can pay a fine, & get points assessed on My license???? Sure, I got nothin' better to do than lose a day's pay & go fight it in court to 'explain Myself' while now paying stupid ins. rates or get dropped, again....no thanks Pal..

Buddy, You can let Big Brother ride along with You if You want, I'll pass. Maybe You've never had to routinely drive through sh*thole neighbohoods, but I have, & when a guy just got whacked on the same street corner w/7 rounds walking home from work 2 nights ago...I may have cruised through that stop sign at 1AM when I spotted somebody coming out from between 2 houses toward the alley.....just in case. But thanks to do-goodies like You, I can pay a fine, & get points assessed on My license???? Sure, I got nothin' better to do than lose a day's pay & go fight it in court to 'explain Myself' while now paying stupid ins. rates or get dropped, again....no thanks Pal..
I understand what you're saying. As I said, sometimes I get wound up on stuff. I don't like big brother breathing down my back either. I've had tickets too

I hate that happened to you and it's good that you're still here. I just get aggravated that people do these things and only get a slap on the hand. In no way was I trying to lecture at you, I'm sorry if I came across as such
Believe Me, i see Jerks cruise right thru' signs etc. all the time, & yeah...it pisses Me off...but the alternative of Big Brother scares Me more.......... by far.

Believe Me, i see Jerks cruise right thru' signs etc. all the time, & yeah...it pisses Me off...but the alternative of Big Brother scares Me more.......... by far.
It does me too. Sorry, I didn't mean to aggravate you.

It does me too. Sorry, I didn't mean to aggravate you.
Oh, I'm not that aggravated, but I never lose touch with "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions", that's all. I feel it needs pointed out more often these days...

Oh, I'm not that aggravated, but I never lose touch with "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions", that's all. I feel it needs pointed out more often these days...
I Know that I don't know you but I'm glad that you survived those accidents.

I like a car that will survive an EMP. Thats my level of sophistication.
Still have the points-type distributors for both of my "bumpsides" for just such an occasion.

IMG_5235.JPG

People like you will save the world. I'm serious. The rest of us will be walking.

Every so often I switch up insurance carriers. As their prices creep up again, annoyed and start looking elsewhere. So I went from one insurance company to another just recently, and they offered me a plug-in to the ODB two port to monitor my driving habits so they can lower my insurance premiums. I don’t forget it, no way thanks but no! I know that’s what they’re doing, sharing it. By doing such a thing no matter what insurance company you go to they’re gonna bend you over and slide it up your ***.

I did it once back when I join progressive. So I said what the heck I’ll try it out. How back can it be? Everything was fine and I would like an alarm sound if you took off too fast or hit the break too hard. Thing had a meter on the inside.home one day rush-hour traffic from New York onto the island. This thing was going off like mad. It annoyed me so much. I ripped it out because I couldn’t take the beeps. As I was concerned, this thing was saying I was like an asshole. Home one day rush-hour traffic from New York onto the island. This thing was going off like mad. It annoyed me so much. I ripped it out because I couldn’t take the beeps. As far as I was concerned, this thing was saying I was driving like an asshole. But it’s just simple rush-hour traffic in New York. Drive up to 40 miles an hour. Hit the brakes up to 40 miles an hour. Hit the brakes up to 20 miles an hour. Hit the brakes drive up to 30 miles an hour. Hit the brakes drive 5 miles an hour hit the brakes creek belong creep creep along. I can drive 50. Yay, hit the brakes some idiot had an accident lock them up.

Yeah, I’m sure that looks good on my meter! Like I said every time I hit the break hard it would make a sound super annoying. Like I said, I ripped it out! No, thank you! Have a nice day! Sayonara! Avita Zane!

Before I retired, the company put the GPS tracker nanny boxes on our trucks. Within a month, the thing burnt up the ECM in my company pickup because it was extracting so much data from it on the steep, curvy mountainous roads I had to travel on. It went to the Chevy dealer on a hook. GM would not warranty the new ECM nor the labor if the company hooked the nanny box back up. I took that as a win!! :)

-
Back