Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie2734

Lambcharger
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for shifter rods for my Barracuda overdrive. It's a 67 with a 75 833 Overdrive so I need the a body ones. I'm in north western New Jersey.

Non-OD A-body 4spd rods work just fine too, I have them on my A833OD in my 68 Barracuda.

Thanks for the info, I just have to find shifter rods for a hurst now. How do you like the OD trans?

I drive my car a lot (~7k miles per year) so a non OD would have forced me into a 2.x rear gear. With the OD I can run 70 mph on the hiway and only be turning a tick over 2000 rpm with 3.55 gears.

If you were building a car stickly for the drags the gear spacing is not ideal for max acceleration but for me its a non issue. I have run a best of 13.7 at 102 mph and its traction issues off the line that are holding me back (2.2-2.4 sec 60' times) not the gear spacing.

My car is a cruiser, it's a 67 Barracuda convertible, I'm building a mild 360 for it and want to go back to a 4 spd, I'll go with the OD for the same reason you did. I'm just trying to get everything together. The car was a 4spd to begin with so it won't be much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back