O2 sensor location?

-

mopowers

Reaction score
For those of you with a wideband? Can you guys post a picture of where you mounted your O2 sensor?

I understand they should be at a downward angle to prevent condensation buildup. Are there any other requirements? Do they need to bee a certain distance to the collector?

Thanks!

I mounted mine about 8" downstream of the collector flange, mostly because it was a convenient spot. Would have preferred within 2-3".

Closer to the collector, or in the collector, is better. The farther you are from any one cylinder, the longer it takes for the sensor to get a 'read' and the tougher it is to keep them up to temperature - which is important for accuracy and to keep them clean.

Mine is about 4" downstream of the collector and the tip where the wire comes off the sensor is at about a 45 degree angle up on the trans side of the pipe. (to keep crap from possibly grabbing the wires.)
The extra wire I tucked up behind the heater box.

Sorry, no pics.

Thanks guys! Have any ever heard of anyone running two sensors with a one-sensor gauge and using a switch to switch from one to the other when tuning?

I had TTI fit sensor bungs to my headers, they are in the collector about 2" befor the flange, you can get a single gauge with dual sensors, I have a gauge in one and my EFI sensor in the other

-
Back