Oak Tree Syrup on Vinyl Top

-

DustyEd

Reaction score
I need a surefire way to get oak tree syrup stain off of a black vinyl top. Thanks ~Mrs. DustyEd

Ball it up as much as you can using your finger, then use Goo-Gone, then what ever product you use on your vinyl top.

GOO-GONE.jpg

Chemicals my damage the vinyl. Try hot water and a soft brush first

We don't have oak trees in my street but the trees that leak sticky stuff do their best to mess up your car bad.
But, one good rainshower and the stuff is gone.

There isn't actually any sticky stuff on the vinyl, it's a stain. We are assuming it came from the oak trees it was parked under for a few days. Any suggestions for getting the stains out?

When I get tree sap on my windshield, I noticed that using the windshield washer fluid and run the windshield wipers will take it off... Try some windshield washer fluid... It shouldn't hurt the vinyl...

The stuff I posted the link for will not harm the top. It works awesome

Could be aphid or other insect droppings.
Sounds like it may be permanent.
Acids or base my have etched the vinyl.

There isn't actually any sticky stuff on the vinyl, it's a stain. We are assuming it came from the oak trees it was parked under for a few days. Any suggestions for getting the stains out?

It's likely tanic acid if its a dark stain. There are several products for removing that dark tanic acid stain from wood fences and decking. It's amazing to see it work.

I would grab a small container of it from a local paint supply store, like Kelley Moore or Sherwin Williams and try cleaning a very small spot on the stain with a Q-tip or something. It should not affect the vinyl, but check a small spot first..

-
Back