OBD II 5.9 swap evap. codes?

Magnum Engine Swaps

1. AbodyTim

AbodyTim Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:12 PM
    I am planning on using the CEL even though being emission-compliant isn't a necessity (county I'm in doesn't do testing). I was wondering how y'all worked around this.

2. 68coupe

68coupe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Don't know what year you're using, might be a problem working around the CCD bus signal. It's a digital signal transmitted by the PCM to a microprocessor where it's decoded for the gauges and such. I think it was Jeffthecomputerman that posted about a phone/tablet/laptop app that will decode for all of those functions. Less than $20. The post is in this section - Magnum swaps.
    Hope this helps some.

BTW, you will probably throw so many codes that the light won't do any good! You could use it as a map light! LOL
    I would suggest wiring in the Data Link Connector (DLC) to hook up a code scanner. Maybe they have a cheap app for that.

3. AbodyTim

AbodyTim Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Guess I'll have to read further back in the pages of this section and reread his post "Pure Magnum swap". :thumleft:
    Swap is still in the planning stages but will probably use a '97-newer donor. I didn't know if someone had gone to the trouble of hooking up the evap. canister. Other than the evap. codes, what other codes are you running into?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.