OBX Headers????????

-

Geoff/Dart

Reaction score
I am currently looking for a nice set of headers for my dart sport, Any opinions on the OBX small block stainless ones? I understand you get what you pay for. My biggest thing is, DO THEY LEAK!?

Thanks

Those look for a street rod. I don't think they will fit A body. For A body the collector needs to be towards the rear not dump in the middle.

No idea , lots of people have good luck with cheap headers , others have lots of install and clearance problems . All the cheaper headers I used were a pain to install and the tubes got crushed due to no clearance . TTi or Dougs seem to fit best and have good clearance , but the cost about 500 -600 .
I'm using hedman tight tube headers easy to install headers , but hard to get the exhaust hooked up for good flow . Do a search for headman tight tubes , lots of picks on a few installs on the last few pages .

If Im not mistaking those are the same ones that I posted, the both collect at the center. Would they work on a 1974 Dart Sport 318/904?

Yes they are I was just pointing out that I had just seen them too. A center dump will not work due to the steering box being right there. Unfortunately the tolerances between A-bodies vary significantly. So if a set of headers fit on one 74 Dart Sport the chance of them fitting with no mods or problems on yours would be surprising. Again it is a really tight squeeze for any header and MA Mopar didn't do us any favors with the differences in tolerances. Ive heard that Dougs, Heddman, and TTI fit the best but will still need slight massaging to fit perfectly.

I went TTi, fit PERFECT, no mods. Their instructions are spot on. Make sure the engine is in the correct position, use new motor mounts, I have at least 1/8'' clearance everywhere. Step design with W2 econo heads.

I went TTi, fit PERFECT, no mods. Their instructions are spot on. Make sure the engine is in the correct position, use new motor mounts, I have at least 1/8'' clearance everywhere. Step design with W2 econo heads.

I didn't think the TTI's needed any real mods but I had to put it out there for the ones that had problems and like to argue :D

71' Scamper said it... Be prepared to buy NEW MOTOR MOUNTS!!! No one told me this and I bought a set of Headman spent 8 hours doing Titanium wrap. They looked awesome and did not fit. In small print the instructions read "It is recommended thet you replace the motor mounts" I was so F'n mad I couldn't see straight. now the car is in pieces again and I have to wait to scrape up the ching to buy new mounts as well as all new steering and suspension linkage! because that had to be busted apart too.

I will never install long tubes again. I think Doug's shorties might have been a better choice but @ $500.00 they should be.

-
Back