Octane boosters

-

MomsDuster

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying I’m not looking to cure any problems I’m having this is just a question out of curiosity.

Are there any octane booster products out there that truly increase octane in gasoline? They all claim to, but do they really?

Dang it should have done a search. Looks like has been beaten to death! Any Mods out there want to delete this, by all means please do! :BangHead:

Ran an old 5hp mini bike on straight octane booster and it ripped! ....until it blew up.

Two gallons of race gas to your tank. Do that in my car with 11 1/2 compression.

I used toluene when I sprayed NOS
I didn’t want any detonation, so I bought 5 gallon pails of it from a paint supply warehouse.
I tried to mix it with a little avgas and pump premium. Usually a gallon or two in a tank.
I’d have to say it was about as good as most race gas you could buy, and quite a bit more economical as toluene wasn’t very expensive years ago. Haven’t priced it lately?
Seems I usually mixed some Marvel Mystery oil with it for a lubricant. Probably not necessary as avgas and pump gas has that in it.

-
Back