Odd Barracuda

-
The dash looks more like one out of a Ford.

Looks like the speedo from my 86 f150. But my dad's mustangs all had circle speedos. Not sure if all old fords did?

The interior pics are for another car. Also look at the trunk lid/ quarter panel fit. Looks like it was hit hard.

Come to think of it, the seller most´ve mixed up the pics with another object he (they) got for sale. The dash is one thing that maybe could be modified but the doorpanel I doubt. Sorry, furyus2 beat me to it, ;)

If you look through the windshield you can see red paint. I think this is a photo mix up.

I don't know about that mixup idea, the rear interior panel in the back set pic is definetly a 67-9 Cuda item! That wing window mcrank is certainly odd though! Geof

The back end/trunk look funny...

It's not a fastback.... LOL!!!

I tend to disagree with it being a FoMoCo product, its def a GM car, id almost be willing to bet a paycheck on it. Prob a large pass car like a lesabre, or impala. GM was notorious for the tiny vent window cranks, look at the passenger side door pull/armrest, and window cranks, also the seatbelts with the square pushbutton in the middle, i bet theres a blue GM in the center.

To many differences. The brake pedal, wing window crank, gauges , kick panel hole, red paint through the windshield. Wrong picture with this ad, period.

Sent an e-mail to the seller last night asking about this. Got the answer this morning where he´s stating that it is the pic of the interior, without any further explanation. Don´t know if I should contact the seller again to see if I can get more answeres.

Edit: Well this seller is not an Mopar guy, had another look at the ad and he has changed the pic of the dash. No explanation in the mail that he´s sorry but he mixed up the pics. Not that serious if you ask me, don´t think I would ever buy a car from this guy.

Looks like barracuda glovebox door and script?

That vintage of Barracuda should not have a flat glove box. there is a "bend" in the center of the glove box door for the 67-69's.

Sent an e-mail to the seller last night asking about this. Got the answer this morning where he´s stating that it is the pic of the interior, without any further explanation. Don´t know if I should contact the seller again to see if I can get more answeres.

Edit: Well this seller is not an Mopar guy, had another look at the ad and he has changed the pic of the dash. No explanation in the mail that he´s sorry but he mixed up the pics. Not that serious if you ask me, don´t think I would ever buy a car from this guy.

This seat appears to match the rear seat now and it is definitely a different steering wheel. Nice shot of a can of starting fluid in the seat.

Attachments

• 70766_20140308082101.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 173
I guess good pictures and descriptions are difficult to get, even worldwide! No, its not a fastback, its a convertible! Geof

No, its not a fastback, its a convertible! Geof

I'm a fastback guy. All of my 67/68 Barracudas have been or are fastbacks. Those are my favorite. :cheers:

Just trying to dig on the "notchback" guys... LOL! :violent1:

The questionable interior picture has been removed. Looking at the sellers web site it mat have been a mix with another car as there are many for sale. Nobody mentioned the engine color. Was this a transplant? In 68 the SB would be red and the BB blue.

-
Back