Odd Dog Behavior

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Maxi, when she was a puppy used to "flatten" her food before she ate it. All of pet owners know that when you pour food in a bowl, it has a peak in the center. She would poke her nose in the peak until it was all flat from edge to edge of the bowl before she eat it. She also sleeps with her eyes open sometimes. It's kinda creepy.... Another thing she'll do is put her cold wet nose on my nose if I fall asleep on the couch. Needless to say, I wake right up and her face is 2 inches from mine. Then she'll lead me into the bedroom, wait till I fall asleep and then go sleep with Merlin on the couch.

Merlin likes to hang out on the couch with his hind end up supported by his back legs, but his chest propped up by the arm of the couch so he can see out the window. He also lets out a super high pitched little squeal when he gets excited. The first time he did it, I looked around to see if I stepped on a dog toy or something. You wouldn't expect to hear this noise out of him, lol. He also dreams big time and his paws start going and face twitches and let's out some growls and barks.

There's more that I'll add over time. Do your dogs or pets do weird stuff? Please feel free to add! :-D Over time I'll see if I can get a vid of some of this behavior.

My cat likes to move his water bowel across the floor before he drinks from it. On occasion I've found it almost 2 feet from where I put it down for him. I'll never know why he does this.

The kibble I feed my dogs has tan, brown, red and green pieces. My Italian Greyhound takes the food out of his bowl and puts it on the floor. He then eats the tan and brown bits first. If he is real hungrey he will eat the red ones next but almost never eats the green ones. My Dachshound usually swoops in and hoovers up the green ones.

Both of my labs are active during their dreams. Cooter sleeps with us and stretches so far out during the night that my wife and I have no room on a king size bed. The other night I woke up to his back paw in my arm pit during one of his dream episodes (Can you say ouch, wtf???). Luga sometimes looks like she is in a full tilt horizontal run when she's dreaming.

Buddy talk's in his sleep and his face twitches to ramcharger
And chases butterflies outside and has caught a couple :-D when I am outside mowing Treva said he run's from door to door and windows to watch my every move.
If my little Maltese is drinking or eating he will lay just close enough to bug her :toothy10:
He seems to look me straight in the eyes and mumble 8)
If I lay on the couch he squeezes between me and the couch and put's his foot or face on my shoulders, He is just a 5 month old boxer and watches my every move :happy10:
He really don't bark, it's more like a deep soft woof woooof mumble if some one drives up the drive way, we will see as he gets older Joe :cheers:

My older dog Bailey use to open the fridge and eat all the sour cream. There could be a tull on tri tip in there but nope... SOUR CREAM

Also he blinks in about nine of ten pictures...

28089_384356276722_609026722_4539633_6146936_n.jpg

My cat likes to move his water bowel across the floor before he drinks from it. On occasion I've found it almost 2 feet from where I put it down for him. I'll never know why he does this.
My cat does the same thing. Sometimes he just does a burn out with his front paws b4 drinking.

allie snoors real load/ and smiles when i come home and see her/ the dog don,t walk stright aways turn like a u shape like a boxer.

Good stuff all! Maxi talks to me. I can't describe the sounds but I'll try to get a vid.

One of my cats (Spike) will fetch like a dog. Socks rolled up, fake mouse, foam ball doesn't matter. He will bring it to you and drop it at your feet than look up at you and then down the hall like... " are you going to throw it again or not".

Had a cat (Charger) that could open the front door to the house from the outside. It had the thumb paddle type door latch. We had to start locking the house because we would come home and the front door would be open. This is how we found out he could open it. It was Charger letting himself in.

Chuck

One of my cats (Spike) will fetch like a dog. Socks rolled up, fake mouse, foam ball doesn't matter.

Had a cat (Charger) that could open the front door to the house from the outside. It had the thumb paddle type door latch. We had to start locking the house because we would come home and the front door would be open. This is how we found out he could open it. It was Charger letting himself in.

Chuck

That's pretty cool Chuck. 8)

allie snoors real load/ and smiles when i come home and see her/ the dog don,t walk stright aways turn like a u shape like a boxer.

My lab smiles as well. At first I thought she didn't like me until one day at the vet she said "oh I see Luga smiles too." Also if you scratch her in the right spot just below the ears she raises her upper lip on that side in response.

My grandpa's collie will stick her nose in your face, open her mouth, and then burp.

-
Back