Odd fender tag code on a GTS??

-

GTS Registry

Pure Stock
Reaction score
I just got another entrant for the GTS Registry with a 1969 340 GTS. The fender tag shows a U25 code on the top line-first item.

According to my option code book, this calls for a 8.25 x 15" tire!?!?!

Where has there ever been a 15" tire/wheel mounted on a A body?? Is this another Mopar mis-stamped fender tag?? Does the U25 mean something else on a A body??

I have never seen this before on a A-body tag.

Do any of you have a clue is this indeed was for a set of 15" tires/wheels mounted on a GTS instead of the standard E70-14s??

is it in alphabetical sequence with the other codes? ex: should it be J25?

Here is the tag:

gts430fendertag.JPG

J25 to me... totally out of place for a U code

If it has 3 spd wipers, that's your answer.

GTSRegistry said:
# LS23H8B205***: GTS#85: A hard life as a street racer led this abused 383 GTS into the hands of Ted from California. Now back to it's original white with red bumble bee stripe! The interior is also back to the OEM burgandy/metallic red. This is a A833 4 speed car, originally run thru 3.91 gears, and now going thru a 4.10 SureGrip. The GTS was built in November, 1967 and retains the grill nose piece! Ted is still upset that the previous Owner/Racer swapped out the original disc brakes for 10" drums!?!?~~UPDATE~~This GTS is now owned by Randy M. from Illinois!

Ted From california is my dad. Too bad he sold a couple years ago I always loved that car but I'm Glad someone else is enjoying it now

Looks like a J from here too, Frank.

George

J25 to me... totally out of place for a U code

If it has 3 spd wipers, that's your answer.

Man, I have to get new eyeballs, or at least new tri-focals! Looking at it after I cropped out the rest of the fender well, it IS a "J". duh

Thanks for setting me straight. At least I now know I'm not going nuts thinking a A body came with 15" tires................I just need better eyesight.

-
Back