Odd Noise from Trans

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
I have noticed while sitting at idle in park or neutral occasionally, once the engine and trans is warm, I hear an odd whirring/slightly squeaky wheel sound coming from the general area of the bellhousing on my 904. It has been doing this for over a year now, or about 4000 miles. Noticed almost every time the car is driven, but might be there are one stop light, then gone at the next, or after exiting the freeway. Fluid looks and smells good, transmission shifts great with no slips, and the converter seems to be functioning correctly. Does this sound like something or debris in the converter or vicinity of the front of the trans? Doesn’t really resemble the sound of loose flywheel bolts, but I checked them anyways.

As a side note, there is a vibration in the engine/trans area that occurs between 2700-3100 RPM, whether in drive or neutral revs. Thinking it may be the worn motor mounts or maybe the recently replaced HD fan clutch which seems to engage at about that engine speed.

For side note, the rest of the combo is a warm 318, 904 with TF2 kit, stock style converter modified to 2600 stall speed, 3.91 Sure Grip 8 ¼ rear.

-
Back