Odd radiator

-
K

krabysniper

Here's an odd one maybe somebody can answer, I have a radiator out of a 73 dart that had a 318 with A/C and auto trans, but my upper radiator hose fitting is on the RIGHTHAND side???? Makes finding an upper hose a real pain in the arse, if you know what I mean. All the hoses that the parts geeks behind the counters can come up with have the neck on the left side. What gives???? I am trying to find an upper hose to fit my 360 that has a streetmaster 318 intake in a 73 dart.

well it sounds like you might have a \6 rad in there..... or a custom for a bigblock.... but if you want to keep this rad try one of those stupid flex hoses. that might be the ticket to gettin your car goin again....

krabysniper said:
Here's an odd one maybe somebody can answer, I have a radiator out of a 73 dart that had a 318 with A/C and auto trans, but my upper radiator hose fitting is on the RIGHTHAND side???? Makes finding an upper hose a real pain in the arse, if you know what I mean. All the hoses that the parts geeks behind the counters can come up with have the neck on the left side. What gives???? I am trying to find an upper hose to fit my 360 that has a streetmaster 318 intake in a 73 dart.

Them mopar blues :-({|=
Had the same problem swapping out a engine. It was cheaper $50.00 to have to lower rad coupling removed and rewelded to the other side. The Rad shop also tested it for pressure. Works great

I have the same problem with my new 69 Dart GT. Have to use a flex hose until I get a new larger rad. I tried every hose from 66-76 for /6, SB and BB and none of them would work with my car. As far as I can tell the car is original and stock.

I had that problem but grabbed a radiator from ther junk yard for a old dodge truck and it has the top hose outlet in the center of the top tank

I bend a peice of that flex tube that goes between the air cleaner and exost manafold to the shapeand lenth of what I need, then take it to the NAPPA store. they then match it to what they have in stock. works every time. Bill S.

-
Back