-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ricomondo

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a NICE OEM Mopar power disc brake 5 port proportioning valve as pictured below for a 1971 Demon with factory PDB. I have an aftermarket one but want a nice used original Mopar one I can have rebuilt.

Car didn’t have one when purchased. Had an aftermarket booster/master/ valve.

PM here on the board please.

69119D76-ADC8-4CD7-8CFE-D1D5B61FC9DD.jpeg

0DA96DD7-1789-4457-A65E-6B564E1D71E6.jpeg

Last edited:
I maybe wrong and I know that diagram says "brake warning light/proportioning valve" but I believe it is the same for drum brakes. The proportioning value is on the line that goes to the rear axle. It's located on the inner frame rail approximately a foot away from the picture you show. The one you show just detects an imbalance of pressure if you rupture a line and get a leak. I know at some point they did incorporate it together but I believe original equipment was still the kelsey-hayes calipers and bendix master in 1971.

Your picture is from a thread of mine. I have them there are 2 different makes. They seamed to have changed in mid 72. But I have gathered different makes from different years stripping cars over the years. The rebuild kits are available . The one on the left in the third picture is a "Weather Head" the one on the right isa "Kelsey Hayes" Which is harder to find that style.

I used the Kelsey Hayes style on my orange Duster race car with single piston brakes Kelsey Hayes disc brakes and an Aluminum 15/16 master from 87 dodge ram . That car would stop on a dime with no brake fade .

The Weather Head style I have used on all of the 4 piston Kelsey Hayes brakes. That is what was most seen on the 71 73 cars. That is the style you have pictured I used on the bronze Duster

The kits are available from this link to the rebuild kits. If I have any originals to sell they are $100 for the Weather heads.

1970 - 1976 Mopar Combination Valve Rebuild | Muscle Car Research LLC

DSCN1003.JPG

DSCN1047.JPG

DSCN1700.JPG

DSCN1701.JPG

DSCN1702 (2).JPG

100_0156 (2).JPG

I maybe wrong and I know that diagram says "brake warning light/proportioning valve" but I believe it is the same for drum brakes. The proportioning value is on the line that goes to the rear axle. It's located on the inner frame rail approximately a foot away from the picture you show. The one you show just detects an imbalance of pressure if you rupture a line and get a leak. I know at some point they did incorporate it together but I believe original equipment was still the kelsey-hayes calipers and bendix master in 1971.
For 71 Dart / Demon that is not applicable. FSM shows the just the proportioning valve, that smaller one isn't used.

Your picture is from a thread of mine. I have them there are 2 different makes. They seamed to have changed in mid 72. But I have gathered different makes from different years stripping cars over the years. The rebuild kits are available . The one on the left in the third picture is a "Weather Head" the one on the right isa "Kelsey Hayes" Which is harder to find that style.

I used the Kelsey Hayes style on my orange Duster race car with single piston brakes Kelsey Hayes disc brakes and an Aluminum 15/16 master from 87 dodge ram . That car would stop on a dime with no brake fade .

The Weather Head style I have used on all of the 4 piston Kelsey Hayes brakes. That is what was most seen on the 71 73 cars. That is the style you have pictured I used on the bronze Duster

The kits are available from this link to the rebuild kits. If I have any originals to sell they are $100 for the Weather heads.

1970 - 1976 Mopar Combination Valve Rebuild | Muscle Car Research LLC

View attachment 1716053286

View attachment 1716053289

View attachment 1716053291

View attachment 1716053293

View attachment 1716053294

View attachment 1716053309
@Oldmanmopar - that is wonderful information! thank you! I was not aware there were two different styles?
If you do have one to sell, please PM me as I'd be interested. Thank you again.

For Dart / Demon that is not applicable. FSM shows the just the proportioning valve, that smaller one isn't used.
No you are thinking of 69 and earlier a bodies they just used and add on valve. Some e-bodies used that also. Click on the rebuild link and read the info. They explain the years on the site in different pages. The early cars that valve was just divorced from the junction /separator the later cars it was integrated. The valve he needs for a 71 is the one he pictured. Its a weatherhead valve. The best one to use for the 4 piston brakes. It was on the 71 car it is pictured on. It is the same on my 71-72 Demons and all other 70- 72 Dusters I have owned. The kelsey hayes style I took off of a 73 340 Duster.

If Oldmanmopar does not have one I have a Weather Head that I am not going to use. Take a look at the pictures, it's hard to see but the small octagon shape in front of the 155 1 has a W in the middle of it and the longer fitting at top has a bunch of W's stamped on it. Make me a fair offer and I can ship it in a small flat rate box USPS for $10.40
Bob

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3866.JPG

IMG_3867.JPG

If Oldmanmopar does not have one I have a Weather Head that I am not going to use. Take a look at the pictures, it's hard to see but the small octagon shape in front of the 155 1 has a W in the middle of it and the longer fitting at top has a bunch of W's stamped on it. Make me a fair offer and I can ship it in a small flat rate box USPS for $10.40
Bob

View attachment 1716053432

View attachment 1716053434

View attachment 1716053436

View attachment 1716053437
That's the one he needs for his 71. I would rather keep mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back