OEM Spraycan ??

-

trevorcrum

Reaction score
All,

I'm embarrassed to ask, but here goes....A while ago, I picked up this 74 duster and the previous paint job ignored the door jamb, and posts. They are original brown, and I'd like them to match the exterior. Now, In probably a few years, I'll go for a full re-paint job but right now I'd like to paint them a little to get them closer than ....well, brown. I don't have a paint gun, and would like to take a low-cost solution if possible.

So here is the embarrassing part.....Does anyone have a source for OEM paint in rattle cans ? And any guess as to what color this might be ? old Go Mango ?

Thanks for the input,

Trevor.

View attachment IMG_0892.jpg

View attachment IMG_1181.jpg

Most automotive paint suppliers can make up aerosol cans for your paint and some have a color meter that can get the color real close.

I just walked in to a automotive paint store and the guy came out to get the paint code off the plate under hood and for 30$ a
can they made it. and yes like a dummy I bought 6 cans. l might of got a gallon for that price?

Some stores can scan the color if you don't have the code they mixed it with and get you a very close if not spot on match and put it into a spray can.

-
Back