Of idle stumble, Holley 4010

-

henrikolsson

Reaction score
I just changed geers from 2:45 to 3:90 and then a stumble started to apeer when i give all from standing. In other cases it runs great, no hesitations no nothing. I have tried to change springs in acceleration pump, but that did not do much. My guess is that IT needs more fuel, but in the secundarys or the primerys? Oh, it's a holley 4010 on top of a 318.

it should launch wellgo after the acccelerator pumps first check the timing and plugs first i guess then the cap then the wires then the accelerator pump GL dude welcome come jion us

Probably time to work the primary squirters & primary cam positions. What's your initial/ total timing at 3000 rpm? Optimum is 12-16 BTDC at idle speed, 34-38 at 3000-3500 ... You probably will need to add more initial, modify the distributior breaker plate to limit the mechanical spring & weight advance. I would do the timing curve(FIRST!),before touching the distributior.

The engin did get a service last autumn so that is ok, but i solved the stumble with a orange pump cam. Nice with simple problems sometimes!

-
Back