Off the line pull

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Now that I have had a chance to run this car a bit, I have started to notice a few things. Number one on the list is, it pulls pretty hard to the left when I come off the line. It also pulls to the left if I am driving along at any speed and crack the throttle. Off course when I let off it pulls back to the right because I am trying to correct the left pull. The front end is getting pretty light when I come off the line. I have frame connectors, M/T Sportman Pro 255/60-15's and it is an automatic with a 2800 stall TQ. Car weighs 3102 lbs with a half tank of gas without me. I'm 220 lbs. Engine is a 360 with 425HP +/-.
I have SS springs and I don't have a clue on how to tune them.
Any suggestions?

Jack

If tire pressure is ok. Have an alignment done with you (or weight = to you) in the drivers seat. If you want to get trick have the alignment done with the front end lifted 2-3" to simulate acceleration. Do you have a dead shock? Lift each wheel off the ground and check for brake drag. Are your front hangers flipped or in there normal position? SS springs work as intended when installed correctly with hangers in their stock location. Your car should sit higher on the pass side. If you car sits level in back then you have messed up the pre-load that is designed into the SS springs.

-
Back