Off the wall builds,that actally run......

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Pieced a low buck Chubby 307,for a buddy.Spun a bearing. The guy,runs to the old man's wrecking yard.Picks up, a sbc for free.Roll his Nova in,yanks the old iron.We swap in a 218/228@ .050 cam,Street Dominator intake. As he stuffs the cam in it,one of my accounts calls. His response" Tim,you are a proud owner,of a prize 267". The funny part,we lit the little buggar.Had more power,everywhere.Ran a 14.22 @ 98 ,on my G-Tech.Better gas mileage everywhere.Don't diss factory enginereering!:blob:

That's gonna be a tough one to beat right there. The stock 267" is pretty much a 18 sec engine in almost anything. What a great surprise that had to be.

Pieced a low buck Chubby 307,for a buddy.Spun a bearing. The guy,runs to the old man's wrecking yard.Picks up, a sbc for free.Roll his Nova in,yanks the old iron.We swap in a 218/228@ .050 cam,Street Dominator intake. As he stuffs the cam in it,one of my accounts calls. His response" Tim,you are a proud owner,of a prize 267". The funny part,we lit the little buggar.Had more power,everywhere.Ran a 14.22 @ 98 ,on my G-Tech.Better gas mileage everywhere.Don't diss factory enginereering!:blob:
so you built a 307 or a sbc or??? a 307 crank in a 400 block is a 377 stroker... old skool style....

Back in high school, early 80's my buddy had a 70 nova.
350, 4-speed, 4.56 gears it ran really good.
One night it popped a head gasket, we tore it down and found.
On the drivers side it had dished pistons, flat tops with valve reliefs, and a domed pistons.
It also had solid lifters and few hydraulic lifters.
Threw it back together with a new head gasket and it still ran like a raped ape.

I sold a buddy a 413 hp and when he took it to the machine shop it had standard pistons in 6 holes one .010 over piston and one .030 piston.

My little brother drove his 383 VIP plymouth fury to Arkansas from Illinois and some one added a tall aluminum four barrel intake on it, Looked cool and ran fine but I said that intake is hurting your hp and mpg, I put a stock steal 4 barrel back on it and he could not believe the low end power and top end also.. some times people need super vision, I know it was not much but to him he thought he had an all new power plant :blob::cheers:
not off the wall :D but sitting in my little building on the floor.. fun day for sure :burnout:

Back in high school, early 80's my buddy had a 70 nova.
350, 4-speed, 4.56 gears it ran really good.
One night it popped a head gasket, we tore it down and found.
On the drivers side it had dished pistons, flat tops with valve reliefs, and a domed pistons.
It also had solid lifters and few hydraulic lifters.
Threw it back together with a new head gasket and it still ran like a raped ape.

I sold a buddy a 413 hp and when he took it to the machine shop it had standard pistons in 6 holes one .010 over piston and one .030 piston.

Oh good lord! Lol amazing what you can get away with in an engine !

-
Back