Off the wall fun, zoomy exhaust for friends car

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
Friend has a 93 Geo Storm that he uses as a beater with heater. He rides his Suzuki M109R during the summer. The Geo gets little love, but is bullet proof reliable. We even hit it with flat black paint over the summer, to give it a stealth look.

The other day, the exhaust broke at the weld of the flange, right off the exhaust manifold. He doesn't mind some noise, but this was loud. I came up with a fun idea, and he had the guys he works with whip it up for him.

A stainless zoomy that is going to exit straight up through the hood, with a flapper on the top! :toothy10: I figured some car guys might get the fun and humor. The only thing we need to do is re-route the oxygen sensor wire so his computer doesn't go haywire. :snakeman:

GeoZoomy.jpg

I finally got the picture open!! Looks good, is it legal? Or more to the point - will he get hassled about it where he drives?

I finally got the picture open!! Looks good, is it legal? Or more to the point - will he get hassled about it where he drives?

Probably not legal. No converter. No muffler.

Lucky for him, we are in KS. No inspection. I guess po-po could give him crap for it, but realistically, he does not drive stupid in this car. Beater, to and from work. He babies it so he doesn't have to put a clutch in it. It should make no more noise then rice rockets, or diesels with stacks in the bed.

One of the (many) best things about living in the sticks, like I do, is that you hardly ever get pulled over unless you are doing something really stupid. The local cops here make money off the tickets like everybody else, and the roads I travel just aren't worth the time. I'm outside any incorporated city, and County Sheriffs don't usually write tickets. I truely believe I could get away with driving my 6-wheeled Gator to work if it was faster!

That ought to be a blast with the flapper on and fire shooting out!

Attachments

• DSC04105.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 148
-
Back