Off Topic Gall Bladder anyone??

-

Sparky

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else on the board has had their Gall Bladder removed? I just had surgery on Thursday and I was just wondering how other people felt afterward. Pm me if you like. So far, from what I have read, it seems everyone reacts differently to the procedure.
Thanks

My wife had hers out about four years ago. Hers was bad and the surgery was alittle harder than the dr. expected. Because of that, her recovery took alittle longer. She was out of commision for almost a month. Hope you recover quicker than that.

Mine was done laproscopic about 6 yrs ago. Went back to work in 2 weeks. Only thing I will warn you about is ...eat lettuce be close to a toilet. At least me anyway, some others I have talked to afterwards said the same. Good luck just take it on the how it feels method.

Biggest problem right now is that gas they blow you up with so they can do the scope job. The first two days were unpleasant to say the least, you get gas pain in your right shoulder, equivalent to a tooth ache, right abdomen also. Seems like no matter what I eat(very little) it gives me some sort of gas pain. Mind you it is still better than the pancreas attack I had a few months ago. For the most part I think this is normal. I think I lack patients.

My wife had to have hers out after the birth of our first child. She had the runs for awhile alot when she ate certain foods. A guy I work with had his out a month ago and he was out about a week. He's fine now. Take all pain killers they'll give! Don't be a hard ***. That is really painful from what I'm told.

Well Sparky, I hope you'll get better fast, I'm sure you will. I got a story for ya about a damb assed old man that hates doctors and it almost cost him. Yes it's my father (he's not always a dumb ***), it seems that he had been experiencing pain in that area for about a month or so and took care of it with pills. Finally me and my 2 other brothers hauled his dumb *** to the hospital one night and sure as crap it was his gall bladder. But guess what, he had waited so long that when they opened him up the little bugger had gang green so needless to say it turned into a "big operation". It took him 2 months to recover but I'm sure you'll do a lot better Sparky.

Terry

Had mine out several years ago. Home the following afternoon. Yeh, my shoulder hurt also. Follow-on diet varies from person to person. I can eat all the greasy/fried/rich stuff I want with no problems, except sometimes sausage gives me the s*its. I recommend that operation over rotator cuff or having a neckbone replaced with a steel basket and screwed in.

Had mine out several years ago. Home the following afternoon. Yeh, my shoulder hurt also. Follow-on diet varies from person to person. I can eat all the greasy/fried/rich stuff I want with no problems, except sometimes sausage gives me the s*its. I recommend that operation over rotator cuff or having a neckbone replaced with a steel basket and screwed in.
I hear ya, this body has been through a lot worse than this before. On the positive side I have lost about 17 pounds. My wife told me I look like a lollipop because I have a large head and a skinny body...nothing like having support at home...and I have been married to this girl for 24 years, why??? LOL

my longer brother had his gall bladder out a couple of years ago. he was laid up in the hospital for a day, and had the gas pains like everyone else. he still has problems with dumping 5 seconds after eating but hes lost a ton of weight. last i knew he was down 90 lbs...

My better half had hers out years ago when they still did the big cut. She was out of commision for about 6 weeks. She complained about the gas thing and the run to the toilet thing as well.

Get well soon Sparky!

Jack

Wow Sparky, How did I mis this thread,#-o I hope you get to feeling better soon.
I have never had my Gall Bladder removed, But from what I have read here
it sure can be a difficult recovery.
Shoulder pain sucks, and I hope you get some relief soon.
Your friend Mike S. Get well soon bud.:cheers:

Hope you get to feeling better. Just one word of caution. My wife had her's out and you better watch the amount of grease and fat. My wife's weakness is donuts but not any more. They make her chest hurt something awful. Your gall bladder breaks down fat and grease and without it all that stuff goes straight to your stomach. Be careful.

My son had his removed when he was 13. He is 20 now, in the Army and in Iraq. He stayed for that night for observation in the hospital and we went home the next day by noon. By 3:00 he was driving us nuts to go outside and we let him go skateboard in front of the house. Eats and drinks what he wants since he left home.

I had mine out 3 years ago laproscopic. In and out the hospital the same day.Was back to work in a week. Didnt really hurt afterwards. The staples were annoying. The made a cut in my belly button 2 small ones on the side and one about 6 inches up from my belly button. Been 3 years and I still have problems eating things and having to run to the bathroom.

Thanks for all the tips and well wishes guys. Been doing the low fat diet for about 3 months and no doubt it is the key to this.I will up my food intake over the next few months to see what I can tolerate. I do feel like I am over the hump, starting to feel a little more like my self today.:cheers:
Mikey, glad to see you and others made it through the ice storm.=D>=D>=D>

-
Back