Offenhauser 360 Degree High Rise Intake #5764 for B Engine

-

JAS

Reaction score
Anyone ever use the Offenhauser 360 Degree High Rise Intake #5764 for B Engine intake for their "mild" B motor street car?

My engine is stock with a small cam and looking for an intake and want something vintage for it, but want one that will give it extra H.P.

Car is E-body 68 383 Magnum, 323's, auto, stock converter

Been considering the Edelbrock DP4B and wondering how this one compares to that.

Any thoughts on it?

Attachments

• $_1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 673
I haven't used that particular one, but offy makes a good intake... I would give it a try...

It is a single plane, but the way it is designed, it essentially has a huge plenum, which brings back a lot of streetability. So it sorta has the best of both worlds. Extended RPM use of a single plane and good streetability of a dual plane. Similar to the old Holley Street Dominator.

Sounds good, thanks. Trying to decide based on a cam and carb change. The car won't be drag raced, so max RPM isn't a concern. I hear the Performer doesn't give much over stock, but the Edelbrock DP4B has a "different runner" design that is more advantageous for performance. I have also read that the Offenhauser Equa-flow and low riser aren't good, but haven't seen any information on this split runner design high rise for Mopars.

It is a single plane, but the way it is designed, it essentially has a huge plenum, which brings back a lot of streetability. So it sorta has the best of both worlds. Extended RPM use of a single plane and good streetability of a dual plane. Similar to the old Holley Street Dominator.

Correct ^^

The Offenhauser 360* 'Equa-Flow' High Rise is a good older Aluminum Intake.

The castings are of high-quality, and the units are heavier than the current
{more porous castings}.

It looks like a Dual-Plane in appearance, but the Intake has an 'open plenum'
and works off the Single-Plane profile.

And, the 'Center-Divider' does provide for more low-end Torque and mid-range Power.

It still is a very good Street Intake Manifold.

They work surprisingly well, even with a 'stock' Carter {630 CFM} AVS Carburetor.

-
Back