Not open for further replies.

Ciguatera

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for an Offenhauser Dual Port Manifold for a 1965 Mopar 273 with a square bore (AFB type) carb. Ideally, I want a model 6022-DP for a 1964-65 273, though a 6020-DP for a 1966 and up 273 or 318 would be ok as well. Thanks!

Looking for an Offenhauser Dual Port Manifold for a 1965 Mopar 273 with a square bore (AFB type) carb. Ideally, I want a model 6022-DP for a 1964-65 273, though a 6020-DP for a 1966 and up 273 or 318 would be ok as well. Thanks!
bump

They are not very good manifolds. Think again before using one. Offenhauser's technology is from the 60's and not that great. Way back in 1972, my brother bought a new 72 Challenger 340. He put one of those Dual-Port intakes on it. Years later when he was rebuilding the engine, he put the stock intake back on the engine. He told me that it didn't run as good as the stock TQ manifold does.

They are not very good manifolds. Think again before using one. Offenhauser's technology is from the 60's and not that great. Way back in 1972, my brother bought a new 72 Challenger 340. He put one of those Dual-Port intakes on it. Years later when he was rebuilding the engine, he put the stock intake back on the engine. He told me that it didn't run as good as the stock TQ manifold does.
I've heard mixed reviews myself. It's old tech, but that's fine with me. My car is points and mechanical cam. The Dual Port idea is just an experiment. With a Dual Port, the carb primaries and secondaries each have essentially a separate manifold. Each of the 16 runners are small in diameter, so mixture velocity stays fairly high at all times, which I want with a carb and the tiny ports and valves on the 273 I'm building. It's basically a variable volume intake manifold. In theory it should give a very broad powerband. Does it work? No idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back