Offenhauser Port-O-Sonic Manifold

-

douglas340

Reaction score
Anybody use one of these?? If so how would you rate it?? If there any good I`m looking at buying it for my 340.
Thanks Doug

Attachments

• $T2eC16VHJGoFFv3gIMvNBSIo6QOPug~~60_57.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,491
I have one on a 360 in wifes Coronet .Motor has been together since the early 90s. Engine performed very well.At the time just about every Super stock gt car was running one.Also in mopar engine book

I ran one for 20 years on a 340 it ran real good down low for a single plane and pulled hard up top .

I ran one back in the day. I switched to a Torker II and really didn't see any gain .

Old Super Stock Intake. Mods in the Direct Connection Manual for Fuel Distribution fix. Must have been one of the best in it's day.

I ran 3 different intakes on my 340 the Port-O-Sonic ran the best track times I would use it again in a minute.

Basically epoxying some small dams in front of a couple of the intake runners in the plenum. They used to refer to them as popsicle sticks. I'm sure there was a diagram in one of the old Mopar Engine Guides. If you can't find it online, let me know and I will try and look in my old books.

I keep my Mopar Engines book next to my easy chair for light reading. :)

So here you go...

Attachments

• portosonic.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,027
Somewhat related since a few of you seem to be looking, I have this small block dress up set for sale due to a non-paying FABO customer.

Everything except the alternator brackets needed a ton of resto work and there's 27 labor hours in the entire package. The color is strange (a match for Caterpillar Yellow). I'd prefer to sell it as a package deal for one price but I'm entertaining all offers. I just want this stuff to go to a good home. (The color(s) can be changed to suit your taste -- don't be shy if you're interested.)

View attachment 035 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 056 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 064 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 040 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 051 - Copy.jpg

THIS is the most accurate photo color-wise. Yeahhhh, I know it's pretty fugly :-D ... but the [non-paying] Customer Is Always Right.

View attachment 030 - Copy.jpg

I also used one quite a few years ago on my 340 bracket racer 73 Dart Sport. The intake worked great!

In my experience, Offy and Wiand have better castings with less core shift than the Holley and Edelbrock manifolds.

It's a badass intake. Use it.

Thanks for the inputs, what mods do they need?? Anyone got a link to it??
Thanks Doug.

Just wanted to make sure you saw the mods are for a Thermoquad.
There are no special mods if you use a square bore carb, like a Holley 4150/4160 style.

As mentioned, that was the hot set-up in Super Stock with a TQ carb back in the '70's. The Holley Strip Dominator and M-1 were recommended after that, but didn't need such significant mods to correct fuel distribution with a TQ.

-
Back