Offenhauser tunnel ram wanted...

-

stroker_valiant

Reaction score
I just cracked the coolant passage on my Turbo Thrust 360 tunnel ram trying to get a stuck plug out. Is there anybody out there that has another base they would want to sell? The motor is a 360 sb. Thanks for any help.

It's aluminum. Have it welded.

There are two other places that need to be welded on this intake, for a total of three giant beads. I do not have a tig setup, and the shop that is near me that does (they are a job shop), charges 80 bucks an hour. All prep time and welding time will be about 200-220 bucks. I found a new old stock base for 320, well worth it to me. I was trying to luck out and hope somebody had a good condition one for less.

So in short to your response, I don’t want to have it welded.

Then the 320 might be your best bet. The offenhauser intakes don't grow on trees.

Summit actually has a listing on one, and a place I found online called AAA Marine Wholesale has the base in stock for 10 bucks cheaper. I dont know if I like ordering from an unkown supplier though...

Summit actually has a listing on one, and a place I found online called AAA Marine Wholesale has the base in stock for 10 bucks cheaper. I dont know if I like ordering from an unkown supplier though...

AAA Marine is very reputable. I have bought from them myself. BUT, wherever you decide to get it from here's the deal....make SURE they have it in stock. SInce the old man Offenhauser died, quantity AND quality has dropped off dramatically....in fact, I am not sure they are even still producing. Just a bit of advice..

Summit says Offy has them on hand and can ship same day of order. That was a concern of mine as well. Thanks for the heads up.

I know someone who has a small block offy tr with single carb top. Bought new in the eighties and never been on a motor. If you are interested I will ask him if he wants to sell it.

Summit says Offy has them on hand and can ship same day of order. That was a concern of mine as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Not a problem at all. I would still call to make sure they have it. I've ordered without calling and ended up having to go elsewhere. Good luck. And post pics when you get it. Those are badass lookin intakes.

I know someone who has a small block offy tr with single carb top. Bought new in the eighties and never been on a motor. If you are interested I will ask him if he wants to sell it.

I would be VERY interested in the intake assuming it is not cracked, or has messed up bolt holes. Thanks for trying to help!

-
Back