Official Introduction

-

JRDART

Owner "Poisoned Dart"
Reaction score
I figured since I've been on this site for awhile and have asked questions and given no answers I'd stard now, namely alittle about me and what I bring to the table.

First a little about me:

Names Jody, just a simple 22 year old kid from a back water town that still appreciates the classics and the need for making them unique. My current occupation is freelance graphic artist and mechanic which basicaly means unemployed for now lol :glasses8:. 9 times outta 10 im up all night doing some work on the car or possibly a new design for another persons car. Seems pretty cut and dry.

What I drive and whats been done so far:

1975 Dodge Dart Swinger 2dr

Engine: Stock 225 /6
Trans: A904 (no reverse)
Suspension: Factory
Interior. Black on grey leather and cloth (Factory)
Color: Blue w/Silver Stripe across the rear

IMG00124-20110425-1956.jpg

IMG00172-20110609-0033.jpg

IMG00171-20110609-0033.jpg

Welcome and that is a interesting hood scoop.

I can't say I've ever seen a hoodscoop like that! Nice car though, welcome to FABO!

lol yeah the scoop is my own design cut from a cutlass supreme trunk...its like a cowl had sex with a shaker its still far from done but I wanted something that was as off the wall as the dart itself

ok well i figured since i strted this thread recently i would just keep my progress on here. I had an idea and Im just curious as to what everyones opinion would be i wanted to do dual headlights on the dart and heres what the idea would look like (sorta)

IMG00176-20110611-1647.jpg

Missouri state law is that both sets have to be full size or the same size as the car originaly had.

A few new pics

The stance after dropping the front a little and building new shackle arms for the rear
IMG00190-20110617-0735-1.jpg

The engine...Bay needs completely redone
IMG00189-20110617-0734.jpg

new Intake I bought for 5 bucks after i refinished it
IMG00101-20110407-2052.jpg

Decided the scoop wasnt aggressive enough for me so heres the face lift i gave it.

IMG00198-20110622-2209.jpg

IMG00197-20110622-2208.jpg

IMG00195-20110620-2139.jpg

IMG00199-20110623-1743.jpg

IMG00205-20110624-1648.jpg

oh and after doing some research I found this little piece of information

Vin# LH23C5G112898
This vehicle is a 1975 Dodge Dart Custom
2-door Hardtop,
225-1v 6 engine
and was the 12,898th car scheduled for production at the
St. Louis, MO assembly plant.

Been a long time since I've posted anything new about the dart on here. As far as body work nothing special has happened that is picture worthy, interior wise well lets sy shes changed and then changed back. Once I get an opportunity to get into the shop extensively then Ill be cutting into her for the winter, since I will not be driving much if at all. I know my thread isn't as flashy as most on here but I have the financial stability of a hermit crab.

Thanks for the update, I admire your originality, you make a cool contribution to FABO.

lol thank you fish. My car is what you would call a "No budget" build, meaning that thank got my grandpa collected enough crap and scrap metal that I can do this stuff for free or cheaper haha

Nice Dart

It was very interesting to read your thread

We don't need flashy, just people who enjoy A body Mopars!

Keep having fun!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• B3 Drag Race #1.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 237
Ok so I do have one update to share but dont have pictures unfortunately, after several issues with my fuse box breaking wires and stuff like that I replaced the whole unit with a newer spade terminal box, took me 2 hours and alot of memory use to get it done lol, everything works yet Im still having heater blower issues so Id wager that its the motor and not the fuse.

Gonna throw a few more pictures into the pot

Motor.jpg

Int2.jpg

Fuse block I had to wire into the car
Fusebox.jpg

DartInt1.jpg

ok I only have a single picture to post right now. Life got the better of me for a few months. This is another result of the no budget building technique. the new colors are bronze metallic, dark (Almost black) blue, and some black on the hood (Cliched I know) as well as I have redone the tail stripe and painted the wheels gloss black. Aside from the wheels I dont plan on doing anything in gloss paint as Ive never been a fan of overly shiny cars, more of a matte rat rod style paint scheme fan. Also, a friend of mine picked up a repop go-wing style spoiler for me the other day (You can kinda see it against the background). It fit like a glove and finally shes starting to look like a real muscle car.

newcolorsandwing.jpg

Ill make an attempt to take a few more pics as I go.

-
Back