Offset cam keys

-

gtsdude

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the Mr.Gasket 988G 4 degree offset cam key on small block? It is listed for chevy crank key and mopar 354-392. Doing some research some said its the same as the small block mopar cam key. It does look the same to me.

Attachments

• Aspen 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 267
Why not just use the MP offset key package available from Mancini Racing?

It probably is the same. Most shafts and have a standard size keyway cut in them for the size of the shaft. I don't think there would be any difference in a crankshaft between Mopar and any other brand.

The mopar kit would work but I don't need 5 keys, just the 4 degree. I just checked hughes also, they offer one and its the Mr.Gasket 988G, guess it is the same

Yeah and that's if they have it in stock, picked one up on everyones favorite auction site that starts with an E and ends in Y, $14.97

Should have advertised here in the want ad section. I have some and would have sold you one for $10 shipped

BTW: you do realize that 4 degrees at the cam = 8 degrees at the crank. If you have a cam that requires a 8 degree key to degree it in something is wrong

Yup I have used the MP kit many moons ago. And yes it sucks to have to buy a kit when you only need one. I think I still have the 5 degree one floating around somewhere.

Kinda like the advance kit, I used a couple springs and have the rest laying around some where.

Nothing seriously wrong, just came in at 109 on a 106 center line
Should be at 101 with new offset key.

-
Back