Offset Front Hangers

-

terry

Reaction score
I Currently Have A Set Of Offset Spring Hangers On My 68 Barracuda.i Notice That There Is Only One Hole On Them For The Spring To Mount As Compaired To Some Of The Stock Ones Have 2 Holes To Mount For The Body Hieght.question Is Can I Drill Another Hole 1 1/2 Inches Higher So The Spring Will Mount Higher Up And Again Bring My Body Lower About 1 Inch?
Thanks
Terry

Drill away. Just make sure that you get the holes directly across from each other. Setting it up to do it on a mill might be overkill, but that's how I would do it.

Thanks That Was My Intension .the Only Problem Is The Nut Thats On The Inner Side Of The Hanger Hits The Frame So I Have To Cut Away With A Dremal So The Nut Actually Sits Inside The Frame.
Terry

i'm going to say no for it to change the pinion angle.the axle will not rotate only lift up.but of course thats my opinion.
thanks
terry

Hey Terry:

I was looking at from a theoritcal perspective...what you said makes sense.

You just convinced me to do same.

Jim

DSC09537.JPG

Although it may not appear to the naked eye to rotate the housing when you move just one end of the spring it does, so Yes it does change the pinion angle when you raise the front mounting point of the spring. If you raised the rear mounting point of the spring in proportion to the front you wouldn't change the angle though. You can verify how much the angle has been altered with a angle finder available at Sears for about $10. Then you can add pinion shims to correct it.

-
Back