offset hangers

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Is anyone using the offset hangers that move the springs in about an inch? I saw the kits at mopar performance for the front and rear but, what do you use to relocate the spring on the rearend perch? Is that the spring seats?

P4120077 Offset Rear Spring Front Hanger Bracket Set (A-Body)

P4120074 Rear Spring Mounting Seats

You have to cut off your old spring seats, grind down the weld and then lay the new ones on the already offset springs, then place the rear end on the spring seats, set the proper pinion angle, and THEN weld the spring seats to the axle tubes. In reality you'll probably want to just clamp everything together without welding and put the car on the ground and measure the pinion angle, make any corrections and then weld. A little time consuming, but if you want to put a little more tire in there, its the best way to go. I have them on my Duster, and i can fit a 275-60-15 drag radial with 5/8" to the spring inside and tucked nicely at the wheelwell.

don

duster small1.jpg

dusterdon said:
You have to cut off your old spring seats, grind down the weld and then lay the new ones on the already offset springs, then place the rear end on the spring seats, set the proper pinion angle, and THEN weld the spring seats to the axle tubes. In reality you'll probably want to just clamp everything together without welding and put the car on the ground and measure the pinion angle, make any corrections and then weld. A little time consuming, but if you want to put a little more tire in there, its the best way to go. I have them on my Duster, and i can fit a 275-60-15 drag radial with 5/8" to the spring inside and tucked nicely at the wheelwell.

don
You know you can fit a 325x50x15 in there with the offset kit.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Crap, I thought it was just a bolt in kit. Makes perfect sense that you have to move the perches though. I am not ready for this mod yet. Still need to get me a welder. Maybe Santa will bring me one, of course he may need some help picking out the right one 8)

birdieracing said:
mopower71 nice ride what size of rim do ya have on the rear

Yeah.....What size rim are you running?

I am in the process of making a choice about moving my springs in and was wondering if I can get a 10" x 15" wheel under there with no problems without moving the springs. I will make double sure on the backspacing before I order. But if it isn't a big deal which dose not sound like it I would get the kit. The kit that moves them in 3" sounds like a better deal and requires more welding but I'm kind of afraid that the car would handle funny for street driving rather that the pass down the drag strip.

Norm is running a 15X10" rim with I think 4.5" backspacing.

The 3" relocation kit handles just fine on the street. I had one in my 69 Barracuda. However unless you are going to mini tub the car it wont gain you any room over the offset kit.

AdamR said:
Norm is running a 15X10" rim with I think 4.5" backspacing.

The 3" relocation kit handles just fine on the street. I had one in my 69 Barracuda. However unless you are going to mini tub the car it wont gain you any room over the offset kit.

OK thanks. I figured it wouldn't do any good far using the stock fender well. I have a thread going asking everyone what size I can go with.

-
Back