Offset Shackle Install Questions

-

GoFish

Have impressive member
Reaction score
I was going to do a spring relocation on the Scamp, but don't want to do the minitub. Next best option seems to be offset shackles to give me a little more room for bigger wheels. Anyone done this who can suggest best price source? Do I also need to buy front hanger offset brackets?

Not sure of the best price source, but Mancini and Summit Racing both sell everthing you will need. Yes, you will need offset front hangers and also a new set of spring perches. Here's the link to a kit that Mancini sells (make sure your check your leaf springs, but my guess is you will want to swap the spring pads included in the kit for the Moroso pads with the 1/2" center hole):

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/manofshacand1.html

I just moved the springs inboard in lieu of the offset shackles. It got me a wee bit more room. Its a little bit more work but if I mini-tub down the road half the work is done. You have to move the axle tube perches either way.

Your best bet is to get the kit from Mancini.

I have the same kit on my Dart but it came from Direct Connection back in the 80's. The only mods to the car is you need to drill a 1" hole in the frame rail to clear the front leaf spring bolt and relocate the spring perches on the axle housing. It only gives you 3/4"-1" of extra clearance on each side though.

-
Back