Offset Shackle/Spring Install

-

69Chrgr

Charger/Cuda
Reaction score
O.k., the 275/60's won't fit without rubbing on the S/S springs, so I've got the offset shacke/perch kit coming overnight. Question is, can I use my MiG welder to reweld the perches, or do I have to find a stick welder? Dam, this sucks as my car needs to be ready by next weekend. Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
Darren

Hi, 110 or 220 mig? I have used both and had no problem. On the 110 I ran a couple of beads per side. never had a problem with the slicks.

Super easy to do. You can use a mig no problem. Did mine in a day.

Thanks guys. Now another question, do I need to remove the new 3rd member and the axles to prevent overheating damage to any bearings?

I agree. I welded on my perches with it all together. But I had put in a drain plug on my 8 3/4" so I removed the oil. I just thought I should since I could. But I don't think it will get that hot to damage anything. Maby put a damp rag on each stich of weld to cool it off after.

just make sure you have the pinion angle set to where you want it and double check to make sure its centered side to side.

Wet newspaper makes a very good heat sink. It will also stick to the tube

Yes this is the perfect time to make sure the axle is centred under your car. I found mine to be off by a 1/2". Put the axle under the car, center it and set you pinion angle to about 5-7 degrees nose down.

-
Back