[Found!] Offset Spring Hanger set

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for HANGERS ONLY, not shackles or relocation kits.

I tred to order these from summit in the past and waited 2 months before giving up. The current ship date at Summit is 8/17. That means they don't have them. Jegs isn't much better, shipped by 8/9, which is likely to change when they don't come in. Mancini is out of stock. Dr. Diff only sells them with shackles.

Here's another example:

Mopar Performance Offset Rear Spring Front Hanger Bracket Set - P4120077 (NO ETA)

If I missed a store where they can be found IN STOCK send me a link.

LOL.

You can buy the MP front only for 155 or a complete kit for 150... yep makes total sense. DOH!!!!!

I couldn't imagine maybe buying the complete kit and selling the extra shackles to someone else. Maybe call Dr Diff and ask if he'll sell you only the front hangers. Time to put a little effort in on your part.

I'm out before I get a RUDE comment. :)

LOL.

You can buy the MP front only for 155 or a complete kit for 150... yep makes total sense. DOH!!!!!

I couldn't imagine maybe buying the complete kit and selling the extra shackles to someone else. Maybe call Dr Diff and ask if he'll sell you only the front hangers. Time to put a little effort in on your part.

I'm out before I get a RUDE comment. :)

Mainly I didn't buy the Dr Diff ones because their site says only for 67+...I've got a '66. The MP ones are supposed to work on early A's.

Anyone else wanna be helpful? LOL

Mainly I didn't buy the Dr Diff ones because their site says only for 67+...I've got a '66. The MP ones are supposed to work on early A's.

Anyone else wanna be helpful? LOL

If the MP kit works on '66's so will Dr. Diffs. The hangars on both kits are offset exactly the same amount, a 1/2". Dr diffs actually have more clearance to the frame because of the bolt design he uses, you don't have to cut a hole in the frame rail like you do for the MP hangars.

The MP kit is only a "3/4" offset because of the shackles. I have both kits. It side loads the hangar for the extra 1/4", and it's pointless because even with the 1/2" kit the tires rub the inside of the wheel tub before the springs.

If the MP kit works on '66's so will Dr. Diffs. The hangars on both kits are offset exactly the same amount, a 1/2". Dr diffs actually have more clearance to the frame because of the bolt design he uses, you don't have to cut a hole in the frame rail like you do for the MP hangars.

The MP kit is only a "3/4" offset because of the shackles. I have both kits. It side loads the hangar for the extra 1/4", and it's pointless because even with the 1/2" kit the tires rub the inside of the wheel tub before the springs.

Good to know, I knew about the supposed offset non-difference but I thought maybe the bolt spacing was different. I'll do that then, thanks

Well, the bolt pattern/spacing on both the MP and Dr. diff hangers is the same. I'm not sure either one works on a '66, but if one of them does they both do.

You may be able to just drill another hole (inward), flip the rear hanger and move it inward 1/2", and use the stock shackles. That's what I did under my 68 at Dr. Diff's advice. Worked like a charm. I hadn't been under my 66 in a while, but it may work with your early A as well. If you don't mind getting dirty, you could save a few bucks. Stick your head under there, check it out, and get back to us.

You may be able to just drill another hole (inward), flip the rear hanger and move it inward 1/2", and use the stock shackles. That's what I did under my 68 at Dr. Diff's advice. Worked like a charm. I hadn't been under my 66 in a while, but it may work with your early A as well. If you don't mind getting dirty, you could save a few bucks. Stick your head under there, check it out, and get back to us.

What do you mean by "flip the rear hanger"? Why would you need to flip it? If I was to just drill new all 4 new holes in each side I could move it over, correct? I was trying to avoid drilling all those holes in the frame, but that'd be the cheapest way to go.

You are correct, for some reason I thought you were looking for just the offset shackles. Sorry bout that.

You are correct though. Drill a few holes, move the brackets over and voila-free offset kit.

You are correct, for some reason I thought you were looking for just the offset shackles. Sorry bout that.

You are correct though. Drill a few holes, move the brackets over and voila-free offset kit.

Any tips on drilling through the steel? I don't want to burn up a million bits doing this lol

If you flip the rear spring hanger, you'll only have to drill one hole in the back because the bolts are offset. At least that's how they are on my 68. Again, I haven't been under my 66 in a while. Stick your head under and check it out. Good luck.

I have a set of hangers, shackles and springs if you are still in need. Front hangers are offset as are rear shackles. Springs appear to be oem a body leafs. Been in my attic several years from a 70 I put ladder bars on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back