Offset Spring Hangers

-

tubbedamx

Location Boise, Idaho
Reaction score
I have a dumb question...
I am getting ready to put my 8 3/4 rearend into my 67 barracuda and I do need to weld on a set of spring purches. I went to a local swap meet and bought a new set of a-body rear offset spring hangers.

The seller told me I don't need to offset the front of the springs to use these is that right?? Can I use the offset hangers without moving over the front of the springs?

thanks in advance

I don't quite understand? The hangers move the front in 3/4" and the back. If you don't move both ends won't the spring be running on an angle? You will have to move the perches eithet way. Not a big deal. A local shop could reweld them in no time.

I guess what I'm getting at is: The seller of these rear offset spring hangers told me you can install these hangers without moving the front of the springs...
I am not sure if you can/should do that??

thats pretty much what I thought...just wanted to make sure.

Thanks...

So whats involved in moving the front...weld in another box.

When you buy the offset kit it comes with the rear offset hangers, the new spring perches, and new offset front mounts. Sounds like you need the front offset mounts. Don't know if you can buy them without buying the whole kit.

You can just get the front spring mounts on Summit. That's where I got the offset shackles and spring mounts to do my 67. What I did was moved in one side at a time and leaving one side fastened in place. Grind the old perches off and mounted everything up. Spot welded the perches, remove the rear end, welded up the perches real good and re-installed the rear end. Be ready to cut some of the frame where the offset hanger goes because you have to make room for the nut which is already welded to the hanger. Good luck.

That does sound reasonable...

I'll have to go shopping for the front spring hangers. I did notice summit had the whole kit...

-
Back