offy 4 barrel with Dutra Duals question?

-

kenicb

Reaction score
i need help getting my parts together.
I have set of Dutra Duals and an Offy 4 barrel coming in the mail

Will i need a block off plate for the hotbox on the exhaust manifold? Doesn't look like the two manifolds bolt together as do the super six manifolds

If i do need a block off plate, how thick can i go? there's an 1/8" thick one on ebay.

thanks so much.

God Bless

Keni

http://www.kenithomas.com

I assume you are using the modified factory rear 3 banks dutra with the Dutra casting front 3 banks. If you do not plan on driving in the colder months in TN, use the block off. If you plan on driving all year long I recommend not installing to help warm uip the engine for better drivability. I just picked up an Offy 4 barrel intake with a holley 390 myself. I haven't put it on yet because after all the research it isn't going to do a whole lot with out a port and polish job on my head. I have decided to leave the twin one barrel intake on until I can get a new head and get the work done. Sounds like your on the right track with better exhaust, I haven't got mine yet. Good luck with your build.

hey mr anderson, thanks for the response. Yes i am using the two piece Dutra Dual exhaust. My confusion with using a block off plate is what does it accomplish? Sounds like you are telling me it is optional. Without the block-off plate, what keeps the exhaust manifold from having a huge exhaust leak?

When you use a stock super six set up, the exhaust and intake manifolds bolt together. The hotbox area is the most common place for an exhaust leak because the seal is between manifolds is not perfect.

Does my confusion make sense? can you help me understand it a little better?

thanks so much

Keni

-
Back