Oh happy day!

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Not quite there yet, but I dropped in on the guys at the body shop doing the work on my Dart and she`s about half way done. They`ve made good progress and have most of the passenger side, trunk lid, and half the hood done. The foreman said they had a lot of insurance work to catch up on and then it`s back (full bore) to the Dart. Fingers crossed I`ll have it back by the end of the month with fresh green paint.

IM000986 (Small).JPG

IM000987 (Small).JPG

Looking good and making good progress. Are you going Sublime? Best of luck !

Looking good and making good progress. Are you going Sublime? Best of luck !

Yeah, I`m getting excited! No sublime here, this one is going back to stock GG1, which is a dark racing green. It`s similar to the British racing green and it`ll be accented with a white stripe down the side. I wanted to put this one back like I found it. The rallye wheels will go too and I`ll replace them with redline tires on steel wheels. I had to put the rallyes on to get it aligned. The steel wheels wouldn`t hold the front end alignment gadgets that they put on each wheel. Paint is probably one of the most exciting things that happens in the whole restoration process. Of course hearing your engine come to life for the first time is pretty unforgettable too. Thanks for the kind words. Anyway...1/2 way there!!! ......YEAH! :cheers:

I almost forgot all about your dart longgone.:tongue9:
I can't wait to see it painted.
You are making some good decisions on it.:thumbrig:
It will be a show stopper for sure. Congrads longgone.

I bet it is hard to get to sleep at night just thinking about it.:blob:

It looks fantastic dood!! Nothing like a clean slate.
I like the dark green metallic color you've picked. It will look nice with the stripe. Black interior or ...???

I'm also going to use redlines on steel wheels, but I'm keeping my wheels black!

George

Keep posting those pictures John. That Dart is going to be a sweetie!

Fishman called me this a.m. and was kinda` frantic, and asks me, " hey, what`s the name of the shop that`s painting your Dart"? I tell him and he goes on to tell me that a body shop just burned down early in the morning (like 1:30 a.m.) and he thinks it`s the shop that was painting my Dart!!! Man, my blood ran cold for a moment and I turned on the local news as I dialed the shops number on the phone. When Alan (the owner) answered the phone and said everything was okay there, I was so relieved. :-D The fire was in the same building but two doors down and though it was intense the firewalls separating each business prevented even smoke from damaging anything. I drove over to the shop later in the morning just to be assured all was well and there was my car, all taped up, primed, and ready for it`s final blocking before entering the paint booth. Whew!!! I can`t wait `til it`s done and back home.

It looks fantastic dood!! Nothing like a clean slate.
I like the dark green metallic color you've picked. It will look nice with the stripe. Black interior or ...???

I'm also going to use redlines on steel wheels, but I'm keeping my wheels black!

George

Hey George, yeah it`s black interior, buckets with a console.

QUOTE=fenderman33;283563]What body shop is doing the work?
-Jon[/QUOTE]

Affordable Auto in Hampton. I know the owner from a Ford dealership I once worked for.

:shaking:

Not the way to start the day at all! Glad everything turned out OK.. You just never know

Grant

Today the Dart turns green! I delivered the horizontal stripe and got to see the car in the spray booth today. Should be squirted by now. Man, the anticipation is killng me. I`m guessing early to mid next week and she`ll be back home. Here`s a couple shots of her just before the final taping.

IM000056 (Medium).JPG

IM000052 (Medium).JPG

IM000054 (Medium).JPG

IM000058 (Medium).JPG

IM000055 (Medium).JPG

Looking good Johnny, look forward to seeing it. Get that thing home and relax a little while and then you can come over and we'll build a motor. LOL, Tommy

I'll put an A/C in that garage so we can get some noise in there. Going to bed talk to you tomorrow. Later

Okay, got the car home and started assembly. Everything went fast since all the parts were ready to go on. I got to take two pictures and the batteries in the camera died....... then just a little while ago we had pea sized hail followed by some heavy rain. Anyway here`s the color, it still needs a lot of cleaning, dust and dirt is everywhere. After a couple weeks and the paint sets it`ll get a white horizontal stripe and I`ll get the steel wheels on it with redline tires. I`m also picking up a pair of rechromed bumpers at Carlisle next month, that should about take care of it.

IM000085a (Medium).JPG

IM000085 (Medium).JPG

Looking great! Two projects coming together. Great idea having everything ready to go, sure made for a quick assembly.

Grant

John, the Dart looks fantastic and I am digging the GG1 (probably because that is the original color of my '68 GTX.

Thanks, I like the color too. It`s funny ,in an earlier post George R said " I like the dark metallic green you`ve picked". Well I really can`t take credit for the color choice........like yours, the car came that way from the factory. Lol! Thank you all for the kind remarks. I`ll try to get some better pictures up later.

-
Back