ohio crankshaft cranks

-

345man

mopar member
Reaction score
has anyone ever used the steel ohio crankshaft steel cranks, looking at maybe getting one?

I bought one of their cranks and it was very good quality-had mine checked out and it needed no finish work,the rod side clearance was a little on the high end of the scale but I was told by both my machinist and ohio it was fine.I have seen many builders holding the main clearance but loosening up the rods so maybe thats why,or it could have easily been the h-beam rods,either way they are good quality.

I had nothing but problems with their cranks. I bought a short block assembly from them (555ci) and the first crank was undersized. The replacement they sent was oversized, I had it polished to size. Then when we went to install the rods the side clearance was off so we had to have that sized also!

You could not GIVE me another Ohiocrankshaft ANYTHING!!!!!!

That sucks, must have been a while ago for all my clearances check out fine and no under-oversize journals either.

It was just this year! Even the company that fixed it said they stopped dealing with them because of problems. I'm sure not EVERY one is bad and if you have it checked thoroughly before installing it you MAY be fine. But when I pay good money for a NEW crank I EXPECT it to be PERFECT!

After having it fixed I sold it and bought an Eagle crank! Just my .02

I had nothing but problems with their cranks. I bought a short block assembly from them (555ci) and the first crank was undersized. The replacement they sent was oversized, I had it polished to size. Then when we went to install the rods the side clearance was off so we had to have that sized also!

You could not GIVE me another Ohiocrankshaft ANYTHING!!!!!!

Thats interesting about the rod side clearance,mine was also a bit on the high side but was acceptable,everything else was good,its been a couple years since I bought a crank from them.

seems like they like to machine on the loose side, i wonder if the other crank companys are like that?

-
Back